Internship

Yesterday my family and I watched a movie with Chris Evans and Zoe Salanda and I almost started crying because one of the lines Zoe said something about something behind the 'Endgame' and then later Chris was convincing these security dudes that he was a secret government lab experiment- This was a year before Captain America. 

Also, it is called The Losers you should watch it. 

Requested by @DaKoolestPanda -Peter gets an Internship with Tony but he doesn't know Peter is Spider-Man (or something like that I think...)

...

"Good luck Peter!" Aunt May called as I walk out of the door to our apartment. My palms are sweaty and I quickly rub them on my jeans and start my walk towards the subway. 

Today is one of the biggest days of my life. At school, there was a poster on the bulletin board for an internship. But not just any internship, one for the one and only Tony Stark! Tony has been my idol for as long as I can remember... even before he was Iron-Man. I loved how smart he was and didn't quite understand the playboy and achlohalic part at such a young age. 

Once I was older I found out about that part of his life but then realized it didn't matter because he is trying to make it better. The train skidded to a stop and I walked out excitedly. The tower is just down the street from here. 

I saw many other kids walking in the front doors and let out a big breath. I have to impress him. also, Aunt May has been tight on money lately and I know Internships are not paid but it could lead me to a place where I could get money for us. But that aside I still want this more than anything. 

A girl smiled at me, she had red hair and glasses, she opened the door and propped it open for me to walk through too. 

"Thank you," I whispered. She nodded. Kids filled the lobby, and some of their parents too. Aunt May would have come but she had work at 8:30 so she couldn't. I don't mind though.

 I see many familiar faces from school, Abraham, Sam, Stacy, Mary, Jane, Flash... oh shit Flash. Right as I notice him standing by his dad who is dressed in a tuxedo he notices me and walks across the lobby. 

"'Sup, Penis. Don't take it too hard when you lose today," Flash says with a laugh and walks back over to his dad. I roll my eyes at him and wipe my hands on my science pun T-Shirt. 

A man in a black suit, Happy Hogan, I think walks out from a hallway. He stands in front of us with a microphone. 

"Hello everyone! Welcome to Stark Industries! Today we will go through a series of tests, the highest 50% will advance to the next tests. After four tests the remainder of the contestants will be interviewed by Pepper Potts and after that, she will pick half of you to go on. Afterwards, Tony Stark will have an interview with you and will choose his new Intern!" 

Happy's little speech is met with many cheers. I awkwardly clap, not quite sure what else to do in this situation. 

"As you proceed to the door you will get a badge, this badge will record your tests scores and be unactivated when or if you are cut. Good luck to all of you!" Happy finishes. 

A door opens and everyone files through excitedly, I just hang towards the back of the crowd. In the next room are tables and a table going down the middle with supplies on it. On one of the walls are the directions and a big count down clock. It is at 30. The directions read: You have 15 seconds to choose supplies and then you must build a robot that can move. A voice begins to speak the countdown at 10...9...8...7...6...5...4...3...2...1... everyone runs to the middle table, I notice others are trying to look for things that will be useful but I just grab everything. 

After a while, the table and everything on it disappears and we all run to our table as begin building. Everyone has a set of basic tools. I look over the stuff I have and begin to formulate a plan. I don't have any wheels... 

But I can make it work a different way. After about 20 minutes my robot can move around the table and can also move its arms. So I grab some of the leftover supplies to make it talk, that took about 20 more minutes and I still have 20 minutes left. Hmmm... what if I made it be able to hear my voice instead of being controlled? I set the controller on the table and begin playing with the leftover supplies. 

I tell the robot a couple of commands and it obeys, flawlessly. I smile and sit down in the chair waiting for the rest of the time to run out. Out of boredom I set up a small obstacle course for it with my leftover supplies and begin to command it on what to do. 10 minutes left... Looking around the room I see that only three other people are done. Their robots look cool but none of them can talk and they all have controllers. 

I see a couple more people finishing, and some people with a heap of parts on their table. Not to get all cocky... but I'm not too worried. 

Once the clock runs out Happy tells everyone who created a robot to stand on the one side of the room. He then dismisses everyone else. Including Flash. I smirk. 

"That was 10 under half, so we are going to set your robots through an obstacle course. Whoever gets out first wins." Everyone grabs their robots and walks through a door on the other side of the room. Inside there is a set of obstacles for the robot to go through.

I was the first to finish. I grabbed my robot and kissed its head. "I'm going to name you... Karen," I whisper to her. I should name suit lady Karen too... maybe I could link them together so they could be friends! Then I'll name this robot... Corey! 

"Alright, Congratulations Peter Parker for winning the first test. I'm sorry [...]" I tune out the list of names being called, maybe I have a shot of winning. 

The doors open and we walk into our next test.

...

I WILL HAVE A PART TWO OUT!