Soul Siblings (2)

Peter and Penelope fell asleep that night right next to each other. Even in their sleep, their shoulders looked tense and their faces worried, this scared the Avengers. Almost as much as the snap did, it scared them that two kids were so pained and had so many experiences. It pained them that there was no way they could help. The kids hid the pain very well, and anyone else wouldn't have known. But the Avengers do and it hurts them not to help. 

When the Avengers were sure that they would not wake up, Wanda summoned her magic and placed a hand on both Penelope and Peter. She let out a gasp of pain and started breathing heavy. The other Avengers looked horrified as the twins worse memories and greatest fears played out before them. 

They let out a gasp when their babysitter rapped them, and again when Ben died before them. They flinched at every blow they took both on patrol and in their normal lives. Then their worse fear came and had them all shook to their bones. The sky is dark and the ground is made up of dead bodies, together they chant You could have saved us. You could have saved us. They see themselves laying on the ground and then they see Tony standing up. 

His eyes are empty and blood drips from his mouth and his nose, he is holding a paper which also has blood on it. "I should've never adopted you. You are both worthless. You are the reason I am dead. I've made a lot of mistakes, but this was the worse," Then he rips the paper down the middle and falls to the ground again.

Wanda lets out a scream and falls to the ground clutching her chest. Peter and Penelope are now hugging each other and panting. The others quickly sit down around Peter and Penelope to try and comfort the two teens. Bucky places a hand on Wanda's shoulder and tries to calm her down as well. 

"W-what happened?" Penelope gasped, lifting her head slightly from Peter's shoulder. 

"I-I don't know?" Peter whispered, his voice muffled from Penelope's shirt. 

Bucky helps Wanda stand up and walks with her closer to the crying group of people. Once they arrive Wanda says in a broken voice, "We saw the pain in your eyes and we wanted to help, the best way to know how to help is to see everything... I'm sorry," when Wanda said she was sorry it wasn't just sorry for reliving their memories but it was sorry for their memories. 

Peter and Penelope didn't say anything, what would they even say? Instead, Sam spoke up, "You don't have to hide your pain, it will only hurt you more. All of us live with pain every day. Some of it we can never get rid of, but if you share your feelings is less on you," 

Peter and Penelope let go of each other, still crying but much quiter than before. Surprisingly Bucky is the first one to make a move. He sets one hand on each of the kids and pulls them into a hug. The twins tense at first but then hug him back. After a moment or two everyone joins the hug.

The next five years go progressively get easier, they are still hard, but they are easier than the beginning. Everyone still misses their friends and family back home, everyone wants to take a nice shower and sleep in their own beds. Even though with each day they lost hope they found ways to keep each other entertained, they found ways to make the best of their situation. 

After 6 months they even found a small forest and were able to make a house just big enough for all of them, in the house, they used leaves to make little piles to use for beds. It wasn't ideal but it was better than nothing. 

Some nights they would tell stories while others they would make up new games. Some nights they talk about what they would do when they get back and others the talk about possible ways they could get out, they never came up with anything though. 

Every once and awhile they even talked about what the people who weren't dusted are up to right now. That one always ended in tears though, so they didn't talk about it as much. Nightmares became a routine and everyone new exactly what to do, the person closest to them would pull them into a hug until the others could join, the would whisper about how it was going to be ok. 

On occasion the wondered where the other dusted people would be but came to the conclusion that this place is too big and they were all snapped to a place with a group of people they were with. Essentially, they weren't meeting up with anybody soon. 

Peter and Penelope often wondered if their friends were snapped but didn't dwell on it for too long. Together The Avengers were able to make the best out of thier situation until the day came when The Hulk snapped his fingers are brought them all back to exsistence.