Inmate [2]

Tony came from the bathroom, his face freshly shaven and his hair damp. It had almost been two months since he lost his son. He sulked in his labs longer than he used to but he still came up to shower, eat, and even hang out with Pepper for awhile. 

Physically, he was doing better. 

Mentally, not really. The only reason he pushed himself on was for Pepper and to not let Peter down. 

He would still cry himself to sleep at night, or not even to sleep, just until he didn't have tears to cry anymore. When he wasn't busy, and his mind water he would get to thinking. 

He never got a chance to say goodbye to Peter. And then a question nagged at him, how long did he feel like that? How didn't he notice? Did he always have a plan? Did he write a note?

The last one really got him. May hadn't said anything about one but of course, he didn't ask. Tony was close to the kid, Peter called him Father, wouldn't he have been in the note?

When Tony told Pepper about it Pepper told him not to do that to himself. Peter is gone and he did everything he could for the young hero. No matter how much he told himself that he didn't believe it. 

[][][]

May was sitting on Peter's bed, looking around her late nephew's room with a dry expression. She wants to cry but already cried too much. After a few weeks, May started doing research about suicide. Nearly half left notes, but not Peter. Maybe Peter was in the other half. 

May pushed herself up from the bed and walked over to Star Wars figures lined up on the shelf and sighed before whipping her eyes and walking out of the room. 

[5 Months Later]

1

2

3

4

5

5

4

3

2

1

Insasse. 

1

2

2

1

I am still here. My back used to scream in pain. My stomach used to growl in hunger. But not anymore. I have become blind to the pain consuming me. So I continue, I count my feet, then arms, fingers, and legs. 

The sell rose up but I don't take my eyes from the wall in front of me. I feel them grab my arms and drag me down the hall, my feet scraping against the rough cement. I hear him opening a door and feel him throwing me into a chair, my head slamming against the back. 

He locks the cuffs around my ankles and wrists as f they think I'd escape. Even if I had the strength I wouldn't. 

"Say it." The man commands. 

"Ich bin ein Freak, ein Fehler, ich bin wertlos. Ich bin ein Insasse, nichts weiter." I repeat the words as he pulls out the needle and brings it over to me. I don't flinch, I don't feel anything. 

"Your hair is too long." The man says in a gruff voice. I almost don't understand what he is saying. I haven't heard the language in a long time. I don't know the name of the other language they are speaking. But I do know what everything means. 

I hear a snip of scissors and I feel hair falling from my head. I try to prevent the small wince as the blade runs across the top of my head leaving a small pool of blood around it. The man says a few more words, too quiet for me to hear. 

A few men walk into the room. "Five months," One voice says. I stare ahead at the white tiles in the small room. "He still doesn't remember anything," 

Five months. 

I have to be older than five months right?

I've had to have a life before this, right? 

What am I supposed to remember? 

What happened five months ago?

The man puts the straw in my mouth and a cool liquid fills it. I drink it quickly, relaxing at the refreshing water. Too soon, the man takes the straw out of my mouth and pushes some food into it. I chew it and then swallow it gratefully.

Even though I can't really feel the hunger anymore, it is still nice to eat.  Even though the food is old and bland, it still tastes good. 

[][][]

The Avengers sat around a large table, Nick Fury standing in front of a screen. "For months we have been watching the NYPD. There have been multiple suspicions. Turns out, a German mafia took over the NYPD. Agent Hill informed me that they are running test to try and erase the memory of people with enhancements so they forget about them altogether. We suspect they have at least one suspect," 

[][][]

Tony blows up a few walls and takes out a few people along the way. Considering they took out the NYPD they aren't very good fighters. The light above him flickers a few times. 

"FRIDAY, scan for heat signatures," I whisper. 

"3 found down the hall and to the left, sir," she responds quickly. Tony fires up his repulsors and flies towards the area he was directed in. He shoots down the door and two people dressed in full black. 

He notices a young teenager sitting in a metal chair. Familiar brown eyes and uneven brown hair. His eyes are red and his bones stick out from lack of food. 

Tony flips off his masks and stares at the boy with wide eyes, tears welling up in them. "Peter?" The boys head snaps up to meet the billionaire's. 

He doesn't say anything. "FR-FRIDAY," Tony take a breath, "who is this?" His voice is quiet and the boy continues staring. 

"Peter Parker, sir," FRIDAY whispers. Blood rushes through Tony's ears and he lets out a loud sob. 

"Th-that's- Your de-dead?" Tony lets out another sob and runs towards the boy's side quickly pulling off his handcuffs and bringing the boy into his arms. The boy was stiff and didn't return the hug. 

Tony pulled away and looked at the boy. So many questions ran through his head but he refused to think about any of them. Peter is alive, and that is all that matters. He didn't kill himself. it was fake. It was a setup. 

"Peter, it's me, Tony. Your dad!" Tony's hand is fisted into the boy's loose shirt and he practically begs the boy to speak. 

He doesn't respond. 

[][][]

The Avengers sit in the helicarrier teary eyed, Peter lays in a bed in the back of the room and Tony sits closest to him. 

"What is your name?" Natasha asks, braking the sniffles from around the room.

"Ich bin ein Freak, ein Fehler, ich bin wertlos. Ich bin ein Insasse, nichts weiter. Mein Name ist Insasse," The boy says in a rotically cold voice. 

Tony looks up to Natasha. She has a hand clutched over her heart and tears fall down her cheeks, "I am a freak, a mistake," Her voice cracks and she moves a hand over her mouth, "I'm worthless, I'm an inmate, nothing more." Her voice cracks again and she lets out a sob, "My name is inmate."