True Superheroes

Hey guys! I'm back!

So lately I've been getting into Supernatural, I am on Season 10 (No spoilers please) and I've been wondering if I should start an SPN one-shot book? I would mostly write pre-series (Sam at Standford or Sam and Dean as kids) anyways I'm not sure if I should or not so please comment on your thoughts!!

UPDATE: I made a Supernatural Oneshot book!!!!!!!!!!! Please check it out!!!!!!!!!!

This chapter is... weird... I just kinda went with it... hope you enjoy anyways

...

Peter Parker slowly sat up from the mattress blinking his eyes rapidly. His all too vivid dream still clouding his mind. His room was still dark, not even a silver of sun coming through the curtains. He slowly pushed back the covers and made his way to the door of his room. Pushing it one he glanced down the hallway to check for May before slipping out the apartment door. 

The hallway was quiet, as expected and he quickly walked to the end out to the fire escape. The air was slightly cool, but it felt nice on his burning skin. Stars shine above him and the moon glows. The streets are mostly quiet besides a few cars driving home from late shifts or on the way to early morning shifts. 

The familiar sounds eased Peter and he closed his eyes leaning against the railing with a sigh. His dream came back to him, and he smiled. He dreamed that he was a hero, like the ones from the movies. He dreamed that he could swing from buildings and stop crime. That he could save people. 

He could have a purpose. 

Then his dream turned dark. Physical pain took over his body, barely allowing him to sit in the school desks. Tiredness washed over him and he could barely keep his eyes open. Every time there was a loud noise, his mind was sent into vivid flashbacks of explosions. When Ned asked him to hang out, he had to say no. Even though he wanted to more than anything. 

Instead he had to go be a hero, Ned's face fell and he just nodded turning away from the lockers. The secret he kept had weighed him down, his usual happy mood anything but. 

When school ended he didn't go home and do his homework. He went out and stopped crime, he got shot in the leg and stabbed in the shoulder. He got punched on the ribs and in his face. He felt like he was falling apart. 

Peter lurched forward opening his eyes wide. His dream was so vivid, so real, it seemed as if all of that stuff had actually happened to him 

His face fell when he realized that he didn't have powers, that he couldn't swing around the city, and stop crime. His face fell when he realized that his life was insignificant and didn't make a difference in the world at all. 

But then, he thought about his dream some more. The pain and the heartbreak seemed unbearable. The exhaustion crippling. 

It all seemed so real he could still feel the feelings in the pit of his stomach. 

Maybe it wasn't such a bad thing he wasn't a superhero. 

He thought back to the time when he helped the old lady with her groceries, or the time he got that kid's cat down from the trees. The time he bought the homeless lady on the corner a large meal from Delmar's. Every time Ned, May, and MJ had ever smiled at him. 

Maybe his life was purposeful, maybe he was a superhero. 

Not the type in comic books or movies, but the ones in life. The person who is happy and willing to help anyone. To him everything he did wasn't being a superhero, it was just doing what was right. But doing what is right is hard, and it would be much easier to just walk past and ignore it. 

Maybe that's what made him a hero, not ignoring the people that need to be helped no matter how small of an action. Paying attention to everyone and just doing the right thing. 

That is what makes heroes, people who aren't willing to ignore others. 

Peter smiled at the thought and walked back into the complex. 

Peter Parker is no powerful being, he is just a 16-year-old kid who loves science and legos. He is just kid, but he is also willing to help. So maybe that does make him a superhero.