When Everything Goes Right (Something Has To Go Wrong) 5

Get some popcorn, it is a long one (three thousand five hundred words.)

....

"Hey, bud, we need to talk about something," Dad has a pained look on his face. I can feel the anxiety crawling up in my throat as I hesitantly nod and follow him to his room. Once we enter his room, he closes the door. Mom is sitting on the couch gripping a mug, I walk to sit across from her and Dad sits next to her. 

"So... Peter... when you were- um- gone, your identity was revealed by... him... and he portrayed you as a villain," Tony concludes, Pepper places a hand on his leg and he relaxes a little bit. 

"What do you mean a villain? Did nobody believe it right? I mean I spent every night saving the city!" I ramble, I knew the identity thing was inevitable, but a villain?

"I know you didn't actually do this... but-but, somehow he made videos of you killing innocent people or letting them die," Pepper responded with a look of regret on her face. 

My heart skips a beat and tears immediately spring to my eyes. 

"I know you didn't do it, Peter. We can fix it." Tony says again reaching out his hand. 

"Y-You do-don't under-understand..." I whisper.

"Yes we do Peter, we know you didn't do it..." Pepper says softly. 

Guilt creeps up in my chest and spreads through my body. I'm a murderer. I did it. I really killed them. 

The guilt is soon replaced with anger, anger at everything, a part in me snaps and I push myself up from where I was sitting, "YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND! The day you found me and I started freaking out and said 'Don't make me kill another person' that was real. You don't understand because I did kill all of those people. It's my fault they are dead. I am a murder!" I scream. 

I look down at my parents, their faces are in shock and fear, lips slightly parted and eyes wide. A tear slips out of Mom's eyes and a hand flies over Dad's mouth. I rip my eyes from their's and head straight for the door. 

They don't say anything. They let me go. I am a monster. I continue down the hall and down the stairs, right through the front door. I walk down the wooden path and into the lab disguised as a shed. I punch in the code and the door opens revealing my second home. 

I sit down at one of the stools and throw my head against my arms resting on the counter. "H-hey, FRIDAY... Pl-play all-new segments in the last three weeks involving me." My voice is hoarse from screaming and I curl my legs under myself and bring my head up from the table. 

"I'm not sure that's a good idea Arachnid kid," Her voice says from above. 

"Play it." 

The screen appears in front of my and pain is sent through my heart just seeing that room. Tears stream down my cheeks and I watch as I pull the trigger and hit what I thought was a bullseye on the target. 

...

The next morning I find myself sitting at the counter with Mom, Dad, and Harley telling them everything. Telling them about each person I murdered and how I was forced to. I told them about the illusions, and how the mask didn't allow me to breathe. I told them about the last time when I saw Harley and Morgan. I thought the person I killed was Mr. Beck. 

Happy took Morgan to his house for the day so that the four of us could talk without risk of Morgan's innocent ears hearing. One day I will tell her, but not until she is much older. 

"Peter, I think you need to release a statement. Coming from me it sounds like a cover-up... coming from the Spider-Man himself with no mask or filter will leave more of an impact," Mom says, setting a hand on my shoulder.