Ghosts

This is a request one-shot!

If you have any requests please let me know via private message or comment on my board, I'd be more than happy to do them!

... 

Peter had one secret he never told anybody. 

And he is not talking about Spider-Man. The Avengers, Ned, and May all new about that. 

Peter was sitting in his dark room, the only light from the moon. Tears leaked his eyes and fell down his cheeks. 

His dad is dead. 

He heard a faint noise coming from the wall and the corner of his lip turned up into a smile. An almost transparent figure emerged in the shape of his dad. 

Peter's secret is that he can talk to ghosts. 

When his dad died he was devastated but it made him feel a little better that he could talk to his ghost. The nearly transparent figure continued walking into the room until he was standing next to Peter. 

"Why did you leave me, dad?" The young boy asked, his voice raspy from crying. Tony held his hand a few inches from his son's cheek, it was the closest he could get without going through something. 

Tony smiled a sad pitty filled smile at his son, "I didn't want to leave, Pete. I had too. If I didn't everyone would be dead and I couldn't let that happen," Tony's voice was quiet and no one else besides Peter could have heard. 

"I-I want you to be back, I want to be able to hug you, go in the lab with you... Please come back!" Peter's sadness turned into rage, more tears falling down his cheeks. His dad is gone, and even though he can still talk to him it is not the same. He is still dead. 

"I would if I could, but you know I can't do that," Tony's voice was almost as sad and desperate as his son's. He wanted to reach out and wipe the tears from his face and wrap him in a hug. But he couldn't. Because he is dead. At least he gets the chance to talk to him. To attempt to help him. "Peter, I need you to listen to me," The ghost bent down slightly so his face was even to Peter's, "Never give up, you are the sweetest person on this planet and the world needs you, Peter. You can't give up. That is my one wish for you," Small tears fell down Tony's face and Peter reached his hand upwards in attempts to wipe them away before realizing that he can't. 

Peter and Tony sat in silence a little while longer before Tony said, "I have to go now, if I stay here any longer I could be gone forever," Peter chocked on a sob. 

"Dad I love you, please don't go," Peter begged to try to grasp onto his father to keep him with him, but his hand kept going through his dad as if nothing was there. 

"I have to Peter, I will visit you at the same time in one week. Just promise me you won't give up, please," 

"I promise," 

And then the almost transparent figure disappeared leaving Peter in the dark room only illuminated by the moon. Peter let a few more tears fall before wiping them away. He walked to his door and turned the nob. 

This is the first time he left his room in days. 

He can't give up, he just can't. 

As he walked into the living room the Avengers gave him a small smile. Peter sat down on the couch next to Steve. 

Steve wrapped an arm around the younger boy's shoulder. 

"It'll be an ok bud," He whispered, then the small family turned their attention back to the TV.

It'll be hard without Tony. 

It's not about focussing on what you lost but what you have left. 

...

I hope you all enjoyed don't forget to follow me Dancer0000034

Also, should I change my username??

-EB