Back Against The Wall

Back Against The Wall by Cage the Elephant.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I HAVE A CONTEST BOOK WITH A MARVEL FANFIC CONTEST IN IT IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO ENTER! CHECK MY PROFIL PLEASE FOR IT!!!!!!!!!!

...

After the funeral, Peter numbly walked into Avengers tower, leaning his head up against the elevator until it finally reached their floor. Well, not anymore.

Peter's cheeks are blotchy from tears, his eyes red and his voice barely there. After everything that has happened to him, this had to hurt the most. He finally felt like he belonged, he found himself with the help of Tony Stark. But now that he is gone it's like half of himself is gone too.

Tonight, I'll have a look and try to find my face again

Buried beneath this house

My spirit screams and dies again

The elevator dings and Peter steps out, the familiar room seeming completely foreign. It seemed like just yesterday, and it was just yesterday for him, that his father and he sat on the couch watching Star Wars, eating pizza and laughing. The once warm living room seemed empty and cold. Tony and Peter used to sit in front of the huge windows staring out into the trees, watching wildlife. Now, those very trees seemed to haunt him.

Outback, a monster wears a cloak of Persian leather

Peter barely managed to keep himself together during the funeral. He'd never met most of the people their before and he didn't want to seem weak. On the inside, his whole body was in pain.

Behind the TV screen, I've fallen to my knees

Rage boiled in Peter's blood and he clenched his fists tight together, the coldness of the room seeping into the young boy. Why did the world do this to him? Why did he deserve this? What has he done to deserve this? He grabbed a pillow from the couch, hurling it against the wall. The pillow hit a picture that fell to the floor with a loud crash. It was the picture FRIDAY took of Mr. Stark and Peter sleeping a few months ago. A scream bubbled in Peter's throat and ripped through his lips.

I said, you've got me where you want me again and I can't turn away

I'm hanging by a thread and I'm feeling like I'll fall

Peter ran to the picture holding it in his hands, his back pressed against the wall. The glass from the frame cut into his hands but he could barely feel it. It seems as if every happy memory he had cut into his heart, breaking it right down the middle. He was here, just a little while ago, but now he is gone. Forever.

I'm stuck here in between these shadows of my yesterday

I want to get away, I need to getaway

The usually loud house was silent, the usual buzz of electricity from FRIDAY was even quite. The silence made Peter's ears ring and heart race. All of his memories are suffocating him, running over each detail, wanting to remember it for eternity but also wanting to forget it to make the pain go away.

Blanket of silence makes me want to sink my teeth in deep

Burn all the evidence of fabricated disbelief

Peter pushes himself up from the ground, body shaking. He still holds the broken frame tight in his hands and makes his way down the hall. On the wall at the end of the hall is a mirror, a big mirror. Peter remembered the time he stood in front of the mirror anxiously waiting to pick Liz up for Homecoming. Tony came up to him and tied his tie because Peter had never worn one before.