Bucky and The Maximoff Twins

Requested by marvelcraver 

UPCOMING CHAPTERS:

In-Laws: COVID addition- requested by anarinette

Tough Love (AKA just being mean)- requested by imfxckinglonely

We Are Here- requested by asandefur05

...

Wand and Pietro weren't in Civil War or AOU

Bucky was but somehow he ended up back in Russia... lots of plot holes please ignore 

...

Bucky, Wanda, and Pietro are cramped into the small couch in the abandonded buildings. It's winter in Russia, and they have no way to keep warm. A fire would surely get them caught and they just escaped HYDRA so it's not like they have any blanets. Luckily the three were smart enough to escape in thier winter uniforms so they at least have a little bit of warmth. Bucky escaped quite awhile before the twins did, but they ran into eachother on the streets. The older of the three immeadatley noticed the small tattoos on the inside of thier wrist that marked them to HYDRA.

Since then, they have been a little family of thier own. Bucky is like the older brother, very protective older brother, and the twins became like his younger siblings. Unfourtuneatley, they had no way to escape Russia. HYDRA has eyes everywhere so they could never get out on a airplane or train. If they found a way to get a car and pay for gas they would get stopped at the boarder. Instead, the family opts to stay in the shadows, scavange for the food they can, and take cover in abandonded buildings. 

At night when one of them wakes up from a nightmare, they always help them through it. When it's Bucky waking up from nightmares about Steve dying, World War II, or being the Winter Soldier the twins calm him down and tell him funny stroies. When Wanda or Pietro wakes up with a nightmare from thier time spent at HYDRA or the Stark missle that destroyed thier home and killed thier parents, Bucky tells them stories of Steve and himself before the war even started. 

The three jump off at the sound of a creaking noise in the door. Bucky reaches for his gun, Wanda conjoures some of her powers, and Peitro gets ready to sprint towards the guy. A shadow of a man creeps into sight and Bucky quickly fires off a round at him. The man expertly dodges and that's when Bucky sees the other two people behind him. 

"Woah, Buck, it's me." 

The twins keep staring intensly at the intruters, but Bucky freezes in his spot. He could recognize that voice anywhere, the annoying little kid from Brooklyn. 

"Steve?" Bucky gasps, slowly lowering his gun. The twins follow suit, lowering thier deffenses as well. 

Bucky can start to make out the familiar features of his best friend, "Yeah, my friends, Sam and Natasha, came to help me find you. So we can bring you back... the accorords are all sorted out and we are pardened. Stark invited us back to the tower." 

Bucky looks over to the twins, "I'll only go if they can come to. This is Wanda and Pietro Maximoff, they were also taken by HYDRA." 

One of the figures behind Steve moves a little closer, "Steve, we got to boggy, Russian Intelligence is on to us and I don't think it would go over well if we started a war." Bucky registers that voice as Natasha, and assumes the other is Sam. 

Wanda and Pietro don't look sold on the idea of going with strangers. They don't trust them. But they do trust Bucky, they trust him with all of thier heart. Besides, they've heard so many stories about Steve before the serum, it's kind of like they know him already. 

...

The first days at the tower were ok. Tony didn't really come out of his lab so most of the time was spent either in the commons room catching up on the world or down in the training rooms. Sure, it was awkward that they were staying at someone's house but had yet to see him, but on the other hand it might before the best. The legal issues have been cleared up, but thier is deffenitely still tension between the two sides. 

Rohdey and Vision have stopped by a few times. They have mostly made up by now, it's just Tony. Steve didn't really blame him, and niether did Bucky. The man did kill his parents after all. Buckky does wish he could make up with Tony, but doesn't want to becuase that means he would have to talk about it. Talk about something he has been trying to push down for years. 

On the fifth night, the 'rouges' are sitting in the commons watching Star Wars. Bucky is happy to see how much Wand and Pietro enjoy it. Thier is a soft ding, but everyone hears it and turns to the source of the noise. Sure enough, out strolls the one and only Tony Stark. His hair is a mess and he has bags under his eyes. Oil and who knows what covers his sking, and Steve can't help but grimmace. 

"What's up?" He says awkwardly, scratching the back of his head. 

"Tony, I'm so sorry," Steve immeadatley gushes standing up from his chair and taking a few steps closer to the genius, "I just- Bucky is my friend and I had to save him." 

"What am I, Capsicle? Chopped liver?" 

"No, that's not what I meant. I was trying to protect Bucky and-" 

Tony turns his attention to the ex-assasin. His eyes are filled with hate. The gaze make Bucky shrink back slightly. Wand and Pietro put a supportive hand on his arm in attempts to calm him down. One night, after a particularly bad nightmare, he explained the entire situation. 

"Ah, Bucky, Bucky, Bucky. You killed my parents," He hisses crossing his arms. The man's eyes are red and his jaw is clenched. 

Bucky takes in a deep breath that turns to be more of a shudder. He opens his mouth to say something but is promplty cut of by Pietro, "You killed ours." 

Tony flips his attention to the youngest of the group, "And who are you?"

"I'm Wanda," she lets her eyes flare red for a moment,  "this is my brother Pietro. When we were young a Stark missile blew up our house. It killed our parents. Afterwards, we were taken by HYDRA and the experimented on us. Bucky is a good person, it wasn't his fault. But, if  you forgive Bucky for killing your parents we will forgive you for killing ours." 

The room is silent. Bucky stares at the closest thing he has to a family in utter shock. Of course, he knew about the missle but nobody has ever stood up for him quite like that, except for maybe Steve. 

Tony takes a shaky breath, "Ok," he says looking at the two, "I'm sorry."