In-Laws (Vacation Edition 2)

Leave requests!! I'll get to the other ones soon!!

...

Day One

Pepper and Tony sit at the small table pushed against the wall. The kitchen is small, but it's a cabin so it's supposed to be. They are eating breakfast, toast with some cereal. Today, the family is planning on going boating, Tony and Pepper agree that it would be best to go out in the morning and pack a lunch. Tony is also going to pack fishing poles and rods for Peter and himself. 

If it was just the Starks, they would be excited. But, they are going to be stuck on a boat with the Potts for days. So, they are not excited. Not at all. "Hey, Pep, it's going to be ok. If it gets to be ok we can always just cool off in the water for a while," Tony reasons with his wife. 

Pepper sighs and leans her head against her hand, "I know. I just wish they weren't like this. I wish we could just have a good time. They're my family, Tony, I love them... but..." Her voice trails off and she groans. Tony lets out a small chuckle and places a comforting hand on her shoulder. She leans into him and takes another bite of her toast, "I just want Peter to have fun." 

Tony nods, "We'll make sure he does." 

As if on queue, the couple hears quiet footsteps. Their little boy stumbles out of his room, curly hair dangling in his eyes. In one hand he holds his blankie and hugs his blankie close to him in the other. As the boy approaches the couple, Tony reaches down and swings the boy onto his lap. 

Peter giggles and cuddles into his dad's chest, "Gud morning, mommy!" 

"How did you sleep, honey?"

"Gud... I had a dream about dinosaurs. One of them, Ned, gave me a ride around the jungle." 

Pepper smiles and gently brushes the hair away from her little boy's face. 

"How 'come you didn't say good morning to me?" Tony questions with mock offense poking at Peter's side. The boy squirms and throws his arms around his dad's neck. 

"Gud mornin' daddy!" 

He smiles fondly at the kind, "Mornin, bambino."

...

As Peter ate his breakfast, the couple scavenged around thier half-unpacked bags to find everything they need for the boat. Tony made the sandwiches and brought some other snacks, already anticipating that Peter will be hungry the moment they step foot onto the boat. He also packs in a few cans of beer for him and Pepper. He also gets Peter's swimsuit ready and helps him get dressed for the day. Pepper packs floaties for the kids, extra sunscreen, an assortment of toys, and a few more. Their goal is to entertain the kids on the boat as long as they can. Soon enough, they are waiting on the patio for the Potts to get out of the cabin. 

Ron and Abigail are the first ones out of the cabin. Abigail is wearing a purple swimsuit with a cloth dress over it and Ron is wearing swim trunks with sharks on them and a t-shirt. Peter is wearing dinosaur swim shorts with a Captain America t-shirt (Tony obviously pretended to be mad by it while Pepper just took a picture and sent it to Steve). Closely behind them, Mr. and Mrs. Potts walkout, arms filled with bags and floaties. 

"We could use a little help over here!" Mrs. Potts yells over to the Stark's. Tony quickly goes over to help her, only after sharing a look with Pepper. Peter and Pepper follow behind him carrying thier own stuff down to the dock. 

The pontoon is decent-sized but quickly is cluttered with all of the potts' stuff. The Starks only have a beach bag and a cooler in addition to some floaties. It seems like the Potts' brought everything they packed.