We're Not the Same Other Ending

This is an alternative ending where Peter's team does go to his house. Also alternating POVs with Harley at parent-teacher conferences! 

I was in a silly goofy mood when I wrote the end...

Lots of swearing 

...

Harley POV

Harley tried to dress nice, he really did. He put on the nicest pair of khakis he had (and the only pair), a nice button-up shirt, and even smoothed down his hair. It was obvious that he was too young to be Peter's dad, but the nicer he looked the easier it will be. 

He'd been through the school a few times for Peter's events. It still shocked him every time, it really is a rich kid school. The parents have walked around in ironed dress pants and tight pencil skirts. It felt more like he was at a business conference the parent-teacher meetings. To say he felt out of place is an understatement. 

Regardless, he is the closest thing Peter has to any sort of parents so this is part of his job. The first teacher he has to see is upstairs for science. 

...

The classroom is filled with science posters, if Peter's shirts were a room, this would be it. He chuckles to himself, he could totally see Peter sitting in the corner working on his nerdy science stuff while making web fluid under his desk and blushing every time that MJ girl looks at him. 

"Hi, I'm Harley, nice to meet you," the young boy says offering his hand to shake. 

"Mr. Harrington. Please sit down," The man says with a small smile and motions towards the chair. Harley does as he is instructed, awkwardly folding his hands in his lap and focusing on the teacher in front of him, "Peter is a really smart kid, he turns in all of his work on time, he gets outstanding grades, and I really do like him. However, I am concerned." 

Harley frowns and nods, not knowing what to say. 

"He falls asleep almost every class, shows up late, disappears, and is rather quiet. He seems lonely as well." 

...

Peter POV

Peter nervously leads his team through the streets. The farther they go the more worn out the house gets. The sidewalks become cracked, there are needles stuck in the grass, windows are boarded up, and there are even a few bullet holes in trees, houses, and more. Nobody really says anything, just looks around with wide eyes. He can practically feel the worry radiating off of them. 

He doesn't blame them though, sometimes he gets scared walking down his own streets. Peter abruptly stops at his house. It's small, with no garage or anything. The path to the front door is overgrown and the door is about the only thing that doesn't look ready to fall apart. That is mostly because it was fairly new. Their old door was blown off the hinges during a particularly bad storm. 

He hears a few gasps behind him but opts to ignore them. This is his life. He quickly unlocks the door and holds it open for his team. He closes it behind himself and locks it shut. 

"Welcome home!" Peter sarcastically exclaims as he kicks off his shoes and throws his backpack on the living room floor, the only space somewhat large enough to study. 

...

Harley POV

"Thank you for your concern. Peter has some... personal things going on in his life right now. I assure you that I am doing everything to help him. The kid tends to overwork himself, too. You have nothing to worry about though," Harley says in an attempt to calm down the teacher.