Alone With You ~2~

My legs ache from pushing my body farther and faster and my lungs burn. I can barely get a breath of air and beads of sweat trail down my forehead. We are passed the city, passed our neighborhood and our house. The tall skyscrapers and scent of dirt is unfamiliar and the cloudy sky of above casts mysterious shadows on the still bustling roads we are sprinting on. 

Harley glances back at me and then turns the corner, I follow him. There is a long ally way smelling of moldy food and who knows what. "Harley, what's happening?" 

Sweat is dripping down his forehead and he attempts to take deep breaths, "They are coming for you, Peter," He responded looking around the ally way as if someone will pop out at any minute. 

"Who is, Harley, you have to tell me what is happening!" I exclaim, my voice rising slightly. I take in a few more deep breaths in attempts to slow my breathing. 

Harley takes a step forward and clamps a hand over my mouth and whispers, "Avengers. They found out about your powers. I told you not to use them!" 

I pull his hand from my mouth and stare at him with wide eyes. The Avengers? What did he mean? 

"I was walking and I saw Tony Stark and Steve Rogers mumbling about finding a kid with Spider Powers. I'm pretty sure you're the only kid with Spider Powers!" Harley says, "I told you not to use them! You had one job! Now we have to find a new place to live because they are onto us!" If we weren't trying to hide Harley would have been screaming. 

My bottom lip quivers and I try to blink back tears threatening to cascade down my cheeks at any moment, "I-I'm sorry," I sniffle, "It-It was on-only in th-th-th-the house when you were gone," I wipe my eyes and try to make myself stop crying. 

Instead, I just clamp my hands over my face and bit the sleeve of my sweatshirt to stop me from crying, "This is all my fault," I whisper. I hear Harley sigh and I feel his arms wrapping around my back and pulling me towards him. 

I move my hands from my face and rest my head on his shoulder. 

"Were going to be ok," He whispers, "It's late we should find somewhere to stay." 

I nod and let go of Harley, "My friend moved here, I think I know where his apartment is. He would let us stay with him." 

...

I feel like a little kid clinging to the side of there mom as we walk through the streets. The city is dark and full of crazy drunk people stumbling throughout the streets and a few robers. I want to stop them but I know I can't. 

I can't draw any more attention than I already have. And doing using my powers would definitely do that. 

"GIVE ME YOUR MONEY!" Someone screams. Harley freezes by my side and a handgun is placed on his head. 

"I don't have any," Harley whispers. He motions with my hands for me to move, but I can't. I am stuck firmly in place. 

"I don't believe you," He continues, "I want your money, not your life but if you try to make a move I won't think twice," 

"Quoting Ain't No Rest For The Wicked, I see," Harley responds. His voice is a little shaky and sweat drips down his forehead. 

The man nudged Harley's head with the gun, "I'm serious," Harley squeezes his eyes shut and puts his hand in his pocket. 

"I told you-" The man cuts him off, 

"If you say anything else I'll pull the trigger!" My breath hitches and suddenly I am unfrozen. My body works faster than my mind and before I know it his body is flying back into a window of the skyscraper, shattering all around him. 

Big alarms go off and sirens blare. I stare in shock. Harley grabs my arm and breaks out into a sprint again. 

We run faster than we did last time, not stopping even after the sirens are long out of hearing. "Take a left and we'll be there," I say. 

Harley doesn't respond just doesn what I say and we approach and a vaguely familiar apartment building. I've been here no more than two times but it is relieving to see it. 

Harley opens the door and pulls me inside. I walk towards the stairs and he follows, I take the steps two at a time until we reach the fourth floor. I push it open and walk down the hall looking at both sides, waiting to see the apartment number. Once we reach door 420, I rap my knuckles against it.

The door hesitantly opens a moment later and Ned stands in front of us with confusion on his face, "Hey Ned. I'm really sorry about this but my brother Harley and I really need somewhere to stay!" 

Ned nods and lets us in his apartment, he pulls out a basket of blankets and folds out the bed from his couch and says (a pull out couch), "Goodnight," walking to his room without another word. 

I grab a blanket and crawl on one side of the bed, Harley crawling on the other. 

"Thank you," I hear Harley say before the world around me disappears.