Best of Times, Worst of Times

FFH SPOILERS

Far From Home happened but Tony is alive, he was put into a coma after the snap but finally woke up after the trip.

Peter's identity wasn't revealed

It was nearly three am when I got the call. May was working with Happy on helping the homless and displaced after the blip. I however, was sitting on the top of a tall building staring at the large Black Widow painting memorial behind me. Next to the picture of her was a smaller picture of Tony with the words of 'get well soon,' written under it in fancy writting.

I was thinking about how much I missed them. About how much I missed training with Natasha and how much I missed working in the lab with Tony. Of course Tony has a chance at coming back... but it really doesn't feel like he will ever wake up. Natasha is gone for good though, and everytime I think about either of them a pang is sent through my heart.

The whole Mysterio thing didn't help either. It didn't help that he told me it was my fault. And truth be told, it was my fault. Maybe I could've tried a little harder. Maybe we could've won before he snapped his ingers.

Maybe I could've snapped my fingers instead of Tony, Maybe I could've killed Thanos. The thing is, I can't go back. I can't changed what happened. But I can't move on.

So when the phone started ringing and it was Pepper, I answered it as fast as I could.

I braced myself for the possibly life changing news. He could be dead. Or he could be awake. When I answered she was in tears, sobbing into the phone. My heart sank and my insides twisted.

But then a voice I'd thought I'd never hear again spoke out, weak and hoarse, but there, "Hey kid, I'm awake." He had said. And then I started crying.

"Mi-Mister St-Stark?" I had gasped out.

"It's me kid." He had said, his voice sounding almost normal.

...

Four Months Later

Tony is back and I couldn't be more happy. The media crashed with all of the news, and then again two days later when he tweetted 'I am alive.' with no other context. Pepper tried to talk him into actually tweetting something more than a short scentence, but why would Tony Stark do that?

For the next four months I came over at least once a week to say to hang out with Morgan, Tony, and Pepper. If I came over on Friday nights, we would watch movies together and I would fall a sleep curled up next to Tony.

May didn't seem to mind, Happy and her were bussy enough as it is. Life was going good.

I guess.

...

I close my eyes and lay my head on the fluffy pillow. I open them just moments later. The image of Tony laying in a hospital bed, body bruised and battered, his hand burnt a voice ringing out around the room, "Deep down you know Tony's comma and Natasha's death is all your fault."

I open my eyes so I don't have to relive the nightmare any longer becuase what happened next was almost more horriffying.

I want to sleep, but I can't. I don't want to remeber the battles, the illusions, any of it. And the only way to forget is to be busy. Pushing the covers back I slip one of Tony's old sweatshirts. I brought my own but this one smells like him. It makes me feel safe. I push open the door, trying not to make a noise and walk out onto the front porch.

I sit down on the bench next to the door and breath in the cool fresh air. It is good. A nice change from the city air in Queens.

I hear quiet footsteps in the house and then the door creaking open.

"What's wrong kid?" He asks sitting next to me on the bench and wrapping his arm around me.

"Nothing," I say, my voice cracking in the middle.

"Nothing, huh," He says wrapping his other arm around me so my face is burried in the crook of his neck. I nod.

And then I shake my head.

I try to hold in the tears, but my I can barely breathe. It's like they are suffocating me. So when Tony slowly rubs my back they all come out. Falling down my face with no signs of stopping, gasping for breath inbetween sobs.

"Let it out, bud," He whispers into my ear making me cry a little bit harder. I try to stop myself but it is useless, I jut keep sobbing.

After a long time my sobs quiet into small hiccups and gasps.

"Please tell me what's wrong?" Tony whispers running a hand through my hair and the other rubbing my back.

I take a deep breath and then let it all out, "Mysterio made theese illusions and he said it was all my fualt that you were in a comma and that Natasha died, and he was right! And I can't sleep becuase I always think of that and after he said that you died and then your crawled out of your grave with spiders in your eyes. I can't close my eyes without seeing the battle, all of them. The one against vulture, both against Thanos, and the one against Mysterio. I haven't slept since I got back and-and I missed you so much and I'm scared you are going to leave," my voice breaks off and I start crying again. I feel Tony shifting and lifting me up.

Then I feel him walking into the house and up the stairs. We enter my room and he lays me down, taking off my shoes and the tucking me under the covers. When he slides under the covers himself I wrap my arms around him and burry my head back into his chest.

"None of this is your fault. Your safe, everything is ok," He repeats running his hand through my hair again and again.

I don't know when but eventually I fall asleep.

I don't know how but I don't wake up until morning.