5 Years Ago

Peter (adopted), Harley (adopted), and Morgan (biological)  are all siblings. Morgan was born a year before the snap. They are Tony and Pepper's, kids. 

Harley wasn't blipped. 

... 

Mom no longer has her suit on and is wearing leggings with a sporty long-sleeve. My suit is torn and broken but it sicks to my body making it hard to breathe. Nobody says anything. The sky is dark and Happy slowly drives us, swerving every once and awhile. 

Even though nobody says anything the car is not quiet. Sobs and sniffles fill the small area and grief ways heavy amoung us. Neither Mom nor I am buckled in out seats, instead, we are hugging, sobbing into each other's shoulder. 

Steve had to pull us away from him. He had to carry us to the car. After his arc reactor lost it's light, after he died, Mom and I sat there. We would probably still be there if it wasn't for Steve. 

I wish I was still there. 

I left him. 

I lost him. 

I could have saved him. 

I could've snapped my fingers. 

I could've tried harder on Titan. 

I could've prevented my father from dying. 

I don't want to go back home. I don't want to see Harley and Morgan's broken face when they find out Dad is coming back. I don't want to see the light leave there eyes and the sobs take over there body. I don't want to watch as their life comes crashing down around them. 

It's been five years. Morgan is six, she isn't a little baby anymore. Harley is 22, an adult. The car slowly come to a stop making Mom and I look up, tears still running down our cheeks. Our faces are puffy and red. I don't make eye contact with mom, I don't want to see the sadness, fear, and pain in her eyes. 

It's already bad enough as it is. Happy is the first to move. He steps out of the car followed by my mom and lastly me. Two figures stand on the porch, running down to meet us. 

"Peter!" Harley exclaims colliding with me. I feel his tears on my shoulder and in a couple of minutes he lets go, "I missed you so much." 

I don't respond. 

I just let out another sob. 

"What's wrong?" Harley says, his eyes becoming wide darting around trying to find what is missing. Who is missing? 

I watch as a certain sparkle leaves his eyes and his smile turns to a frown, "Wh-where's dad?" His voice cracks and his lower lip trembles. 

My eyes fall from his and I glare at the ground letting out another sob, "I should've tried harder." I whisper, I look over to Morgan, and notice her sobbing on my mom's shoulder. She is older, bigger. 

"No, no, no," Harley whisperers, gripping onto my shoulders, "P-Peter, you're lying! Yo-you have to be lying... he is alive... Peter," His voice is broken and desperate. I force myself to bring my eyes to his. 

"I-I'm sorry," I whisper, dropping my head, not being able to look in his eyes. I watch as Harley falls to the ground, tears dripping down his face, sobs shaking his whole body. 

I sob again, more tears streaming down my cheeks, "Pe-Petey?" I hear a small voice whisper below me. I look down at the girl with big brown eyes and long brown hair. I look over to Pepper and notice her wrapping an arm around Harley's shoulder. 

I drop down to my knees so my face is on her level. Her eyes are swimming in tears, some leaking down her face. "Yo-You're so big," I say my voice cracking. I pull her small body closer to me and barry my head into her shoulder. He small body shakes and her head nestles in between my shoulder and neck. 

After a few long moments I feel Harley's arm's wrapping around us, and then Pepper's. The comfort is nice but it doesn't really help anything. Usually, I would say this is a big family hug, the ones I always love and Harley would jokingly complain about but secretly love as well. 

The thing is though, there will never be a real Stark family hug again. Not without Tony Stark.