Five Times Tony Kept his Promis (+1 time he didn't)

1. Peter is five

Peter sat with his pudgy legs splayed out in front of him. In one hand he held onto his favorite Star Wars figure, Commander Rex, and in the other, he holds his favorite villain, Ventress. He carefully places them on the ground and starts a calculated fight. Ventress swings first, but Rex is quick to dodge. Peter makes the sound effects with his mouth, ignoring the pool of spit forming on his lower lip. 

"Hey, bud, time for dinner," Tony calls from behind the couch. Peter looks up to his dad with a frown and then back down to his action figures. 

"But... they in a big fight! Re' gotta beat Ventwiss!" He whines while continuing the fight to prove a point. 

"If you come and eat dinner I will be Ventress afterward," Tony coaxes walking closer to his son. Despite the pout forming on Peter's lips he carefully sets his toys on the coffee table and nods. Tony picks him up and swings him around causing a soft giggle to fall from his lips. 

Throughout dinner, Peter explains his game to Tony, why Rex is fighting Ventress, and each of their skill sets. As promised, after they finish eating Tony and Peter finish the battle scene. At the end of the battle, Ashoka flies in to take Rex back to base for their next mission. 

2. Peter is 10

Tony's heart raced in his chest as he sprints towards Peter's room with his gauntlet already forming on his hand. He throws open the door and runs to his boy's side, the brown-haired kid is sitting up with the sheets pulled under his chin. His cheeks are shiny with tears and his entire body is convulsing. 

Tony sighs and lets the gauntlet disassemble from his arm. He sits on the side of the bed and pulls Peter into his lap, "Hey, kid, you're alright." 

"But... dad... the bad guys," He pushes his head into his dad's chest and sobs, "They got me. They took me from you." 

Tony soothes his hand down Peter's back, "I'm never going to let anybody get you, ok? I will always protect you for as long as I live." 

Peter nods into his dad's chest and in the most heartbreaking voice he mutters, "Promise?"

Tony nods, "I promise, buddy. I love you so much." 

"I love you too, buddy." 

3. Peter is fifteen 

Peter crawls through the window of his dad's lab, once he is safely inside he pulls off his mask and throws it on the table. 

"Hey, kid, how was patrol?" Tony asks looking up from his work and giving Peter a once over. The boy doesn't respond right away and the older man quickly makes his way over. He sets his hands on Peter's face. 

He is as cold as ice. He inspects his son's face once more and notices the slight blue tint to his lip and the trembling of his body. Quickly, he presses the middle of Peter's suit and insturcts Friday to turn up the tempature of the lab. He then grabs an extra pair of sweatpants and sweatshirt that they keep in the lab. 

"It's going to be ok buddy," Tony whispers and pulls his son down to the couch against his side and wraps him in blankets. 

"C-cold... Spi-spiders can't th-thermal regulate," he stutters while burrying himself further under the blankets trying to bring warmth back into his body. 

"I'm never going to let this happen again. I promise," Tony whispers as he rubs his son's arm. 

That night after Peter warmed up a little bit and got to bed Tony stayed up all night adding a heater to Spider-Man's suit and special sweatshirts that trap heat in.