Save The World Ruin His

Peter isn't Spider-Man.

Doesn't know Avengers.
13 years old

...

Bright yellow caution tape marked off the area that the battle took place in. There was still civilians inside of it, however, some dead, some trapped, some just lost. Thor already left for Asgard with Loki, and Bruce was still trying to recover from Hulking out.

The remaining four Avengers split up and went back to the scene to aid the Military in the cleanup. Luckily, no one found any room bodies so far.

Steve walked around the rubble, lifting up big pieces of cemment and metal putting them into a truck following behind him driven by Happy. Until the city is able to get bulldozers out this will have to do.

Despite the loudness of the truck, it was almost silent. Steve could hear the crunch that his feet made on the broken pavement and the distant voice of Tony talking to someone. Probably another reporter.

Steve scanned the ground but came to an immediate stop, a fuzzy red and gold bear lay half-buried in dust and small debris. The Captain slowly bends down, being careful not to reopen his cuts, and grabs the bear. He shakes off the debris but the bear's fur is matted down from dirt.

Upon a closer look he notices it is an Iron-Man bear. He smiles and looked back at Happy holding the bear out to his side. Happy smiles and says, "Can't throw it away, put it on the truck!"

Steve takes a few steps forward but the stops. He hears a sniffle, and another, then a sob. Without knowing it Steve tightens his hand around the bear and sprints towards the noise.

A boy with curly brown hair and big brown eyes, not much older than 12, kneels on a pile of rubble. In his hands is a middle-aged woman with similar features. Her hair is sprawled out on the rocks below her and blood leaks out from multiple cuts on her face, her mouth, her ears, and a larger wound over her heart.

The boy has blood all over him, whih presumably isn't his. Steve takes a cautious step forward dropping his shield on the floor with a bang making the boy jump. Steve releases he was still holding.

When the boy flinches again, Steve raises his hands and kneels a few feet in front of the body, "I'm not going to hurt you," Steve said.

"But you hurt her," The boy says, tears spilling from his eyes.

A funny feeling washes over Steve and he can barely remember how to breathe, let alone comfort this grieving and angry child.

"I-" Steve starts to say but is quickly cut off.

"YOU KILLED HER!" The boy's eyes are wide and his nostrils flair. Steve watches hopelessly as the kid pulls the woman closer to him and continues sobbing.

"I'm sorry," Steve whispers, "You need to let go of her," he continues attempting to shuffle closer. The younger boy holds her tighter.

"You killed her," This time his voice is quiet but angry and broken. He looks right in Steve's ice-blue eyes, forcing Steve to look away. The pain in them is to much.

"Is there anyone in your family I can call to come and get you?" Steve whispers, moving off his knees so he is sitting down. His hands are still insight of the sobbing child.

"You killed her." The kid repeats once again, his voice sharp making Steve wince.

Not sure what else to do, Steve presses a hand to him eat and in a strangled voice whispers, "Tony, I need your help."