Murph (CrossFit)

In honor of Lieutenant Murphy and the CrossFit Semi-Finals, I present the Avengers doing Murph CrossFit. 

In the CrossFit world, thier are hero workouts that are in honor of people who gave thier life fighting in the army, Lieutenant Murphy died in Afghanistan in 2005 and many people get together on Memorial Day to do his favorite workout. 

Soooooo why not make the Avengers do it (I did it yesterday:) I'm really sore)

...

Peter woke up with nerves and fear. Today they are doing Murph, one of the hardest workouts that the Avengers do during training. It starts and ends with a one-mile run, in between that you do 100 pull-ups, 100 push-ups, and 300 squats. To signify the armor that Lieutenant Murphy wore, they also have to wear weighted vests. Peter, Steve, and Bucky will be wearing 70-pound vests because they have super strength while Tony, Natasha, and Clint will wear 20-pound vests. 

Peter pushes himself out of bed with a groan and puts on athletic shorts, not even bothering to put on a shirt because he will just take it off for the workout anyways.

Oh god... please help me.... I'm going to die today, Peter thought.

...

The Avengers are lined up in the gym after they finished a quick dynamic warm-up and RPR. Everyone is wearing thier vests and dreading the moment when the count down from ten is over and they have to start. When the timer beeps, they take off running. After a while, Steve and Bucky pull ahead with Peter close on thier tails. A ways behind Peter is Natasha followed closely by Clint and Tony. 

Peter can feel his legs start to wobble with the added weight of the stupid vest and beads of sweat drip down his forehead. Cripes, he just started. 

Murph was able to do this and gave up his life to save us. I can do it this much, Peter told himself over and over again. 

Ahead, Peter can see Steve and Bucky finishing thier first mile and walking towards the pull-up bars in the middle. Peter increases his tempo slightly and crosses the finish line not too far behind. He grabs his water bottle from the ground and takes a huge gulp of water before jogging over to the pull-up bars to start his 100 pull-ups. 

The pull-ups and push-ups are going to be the hardest part of the middle section. Even though there is a LOT of squats, they are much easier than the other things. Peter rubs some chalk over his hands to help with the pull-ups and then reaches up to the bar starting with his first pull-up. 

After his fifteenth or twentieth one, he can see Natasha chalking up her hands at the bar next to his with Clint and Tony following slightly behind her. Natasha is going to go fast on the pull-ups, those are her favorite workout. Peter on the other hand would rather not.  

Steve and Bucky drop from the bar shaking out thier hands and re-applying the chalk before jumping back on and pounding out a few more. 

Peter does ten more before his own hands slip. From the ground, he takes a few desperate breaths of air. Tony is breathing heavily and staring up at the bar. Natasha just keeps doing pull-up after pull-up, as does Clint but at a slightly slower pace. 

With a sigh, Peter jumps back up to the bar. He still has 70 pull-ups left. Peter tries to focus on the music instead of the sweat dripping down his body and the burning pain in his arms. As Peter reaches his 60th pull-up, Steve and Bucky both drop from the bars and start the 200 push-ups. 

"Oh god," Tony grunts, "This is hard." I let out a breathless laugh at the comment. 

"You got it Tony!" Steve yells from his push-up. It's not uncommon for the Avengers to cheer each other on. Peter usually does too, but he can hardly breathe at the moment and still has 30 pull-ups left.