Vacation, All I've Ever Wanted (Or so I thought)

Peter Stark isn't Spider-Man

The picture above is somewhat referenced later on. 

He has glasses 

...

Dad and Mom sit in the front seat, me behind dad and Morgan behind Pepper. Harley is sleeping on the backbench with a blanket covering his face. Morgan is talking to her stuffed bulldog with a pink and orange tutu. Mom and Dad are talking amongst themselves, Dad telling Mom about our latest creation- Poptart machine for Thor. Dum-E puts ingredients into it once a week and whenever Thor pushes a button it makes a Poptart. Right now we have 15 different flavors and working on more. 

I, on the other hand, stare out the window with a smile, imagining how amazing our vacation is going to be. We are going to Mackinac Island in Michigan. There are no cars allowed on the island so we have to take a ferry boat over. There are an old military Fort and a bunch of old buildings. We are staying at the Grand Hotel, they have horses with buggies that take our stuff to the hotel and after 6 pm we all have to be dressed up. We are also planning on taking a bike ride around the island one of the days and stopping somewhere to go swimming. 

"Just 20 more minutes!" Mom says looking back at us. Morgan squeals, startling Harley who jumps up and hits his head on the window. After he saw what was going on he drops his head back to the pillow with a groan. We can't help but laugh at him. 

"Mommy, Daddy, I'm excited to wear my new dress, the one with red flowers on it! And the hotel looks so pretty! Can you go any faster?" Morgan says jumping up and down in her seat.

"Sorry Mo, we are about to cross a huge bridge and I can't go any faster," He responds with a small grin. In front of us is a huge bridge that connects the UP to mainland Michigan. 

"Wow!" I say breathlessly looking over the sides of the huge bridge to the roaring water below us. Harley slowly sits up and looks out of the window as well. The water sparkles in the sun and it is like a beautiful scene from a movie. As we approach the other side, we all are transfixed on the surroundings, it is all so different than the bustling city of New York. 

Morgan holds her stuffed bulldog to the window so she can see as well, and ohs at all of the cute shops and big trees in the city. After driving just a little farther, Dad pulls into a big parking lot filled with cars shimmering in the sun.  After parking the three of us scramble outside. 

Despite the brightly shining sun, the air is slightly cool but also feels amazing compared to the stuffy car air we've been in for nearly 14 hours. Harley and I run around to the trunk, throwing it open and grabbing all of our suitcases, I hand Morgan her small Black Widow rolling suitcase and pull my Avengers one out as well. I grab hold of Mom and Dad's big black one and try to yank it out. 

It doesn't budge. 

Harley chuckles from behind me and lifts the heavy suitcase up with ease as I push my glasses up my nose, "I could've gotten it, y'know," I mumble. Harley rolls his eyes seeing straight through the lie and pushes the suitcase over to Dad. 

"Alright, kiddos, I got the tickets, and we want to be in that line," dad instructs. 

"Give me the tickets, you'll lose them, Anthony," Pepper says with a smirk and grabs the five tickets from her husband's hand, safely tucking them into her purse. 

Together we make our way into the line. Morgan has a huge smile that lights up her face and she bounces up and down.  

... 

We finally board the boat, we got seats in the back so people wouldn't see dad (even though he was wearing a baseball cap for 'disguise'). I pull my backpack in front of me and open it so Morgan can but her stuffed animal in it so she doesn't accidentally let go of it. I then put it back on and sit against is so the backpack doesn't blow away either.