Soul Siblings

Requested by @Mari_Barnes
Some bad storms went through and some people won't have power for three days (luckily I'm not one of them) there was no really bad damage besides the electrical lines, but stores and restaurants affected have to throw away all of their refrigerated items due to no power for three days and a bunch of stuff closer to the city is closed.

...
The world around the Avengers is orange and dry. Peter and Penelope, the Spidertwins huddle close together in fear, fear for where they are and fear for the rest of their family back at home. The group has been walking for hours but seem to make no progress in this world of emptiness, they haven't even come across other people.
Nobody is sure what is happening, the only thing they do know for sure is that the lost. Thanos won, and there's nothing they can do about it.
Absolutely nothing.
Peter and Penelope are practically inseparable. They have had very similar life experiences which only made them closer in the end. They got through their parent's death, May and Ben's death, as well as a spider bite giving them insane powers. Until recently, the only people they really talked too were each other. But then they had Tony. They told Tony basically everything. Tony became there father they never really had but always needed, and now he was gone too.
Or maybe they were gone, but regardless, they are no longer with each other. The twins are stranded in what seems to be a never-ending snow globe. They can't go up, the can't go down, they are stuck.
All of the Avengers have been through hell, they all had their own pain and grief to deal with, this is something that made them similar. More similar then they cared to admit sometimes. However, once Peter and Penelope joined the team, no one besides Tony really knew all of the pain and grief that the two had to deal with. Not that either of them minded. They actually liked it like that, if they were being completely honest. Fewer people knowing means less pity, and less pity the better.
Bucky turned around to the group, his eyes red and his cheeks stained with tears, "We have been walking for hours. We need to sleep,"
The others nodded but didn't really say anything. There was nothing really to say.
"Peter and I will take the first watch," Penelope says in a tone that let the group know it wasn't up for debate. Peter and Penelope walked about three feet away from the bodies trying to fall asleep at sat down on the ground. Peter could tell that Penelope wanted someone to show up, wanted to know they aren't alone. But deep down inside both Peter and Penelope knew that they were alone. And sometimes you can't fix it, sometimes you just have to deal with what you have.
"I miss him," Peter whispered.
"Me too," Penelope responded with the same softness and fear in her voice.
Peter laid his head on his sister's shoulder and she rested her head on top of his, they have no pillows or blankets, or anything really. So they would have to make due.
After what felt like an hour a loud scream pierced through the still air. Peter and Penelope sprang up from their spot on the ground and ran over to the source with inhuman speed.
Sam was sitting propped on his elbow, basically panting and the others looked no better probably being brought out of bad dreams themselves. Bucky placed a shaky hand on Sam's shoulders and they all watched the twins intently.
"I have an idea," Peter said and looked over to Penelope. His eyes seemed to convey everything they needed to too Penelope.
"No, Peter,"
"Please Pen, it used to make us feel better. Remember, May would sing it to us," A flash of pain crossed Penelope's face when peter said May. The others noticed but decided not to question them.
With one last look, they  began singing,

"Thought I found a way

Thought I found a way, yeah (found)

But you never go away (never go away)"
Their voices blended perfectly but the different tones contrasted enough to make the song truly beautiful. At first, the Avenger just stared. After all, some 15-year-olds singing weren't going to make them feel better. It wasn't going to make their nightmares, everything wrong with their life, disappear. Although they all wish it would.

"So I guess I gotta stay now
Oh, I hope someday I'll make it out of here
Even if it takes all night or a hundred years
Need a place to hide, but I can't find one near
Wanna feel alive, outside I can fight my fear
Isn't it lovely, all alone?"
The Avengers began to relax at the melody their voices created, the flawless rhythm and the enchanting sound. The higher pitch of Penelope's voice and the (slightly) deeper pitch of Peter's voice fading in and out and then finally joining together caused the Avenger to not be able to take their eyes off of the pair.

"Heart made of glass, my mind of stone
Tear me to pieces, skin to bone
Hello, welcome home
Walkin' out of town
Lookin' for a better place (lookin' for a better place)
Something's on my mind
Always in my headspace
But I know someday I'll make it out of here
Even if it takes all night or a hundred years
Need a place to hide, but I can't find one near"
By now most of the Avengers had tears in their eyes at not only the sound but at the words, each one ringing with truth, each one conveying their situation perfectly. Peter's eyes were closed and Penelope swayed back and forth to the beat of the music.
"Wanna feel alive, outside I can fight my fear
Isn't it lovely, all alone?
Heart made of glass, my mind of stone
Tear me to pieces, skin, and bone
Hello, welcome home
Woah, yeah
Yeah, ah
Woah, Woah
Hello, welcome home"
As the twin's voice faded out of the area, Peter slowly opened his eyes and Penelope looked around at the group to see the tears in their eyes. Nobody said anything but everybody felt the calmness in the air. Singing made Peter and Penelope feel better and it made the other Avengers fell better as well.
Not a single word was spoken but everyone began to lay down, even Peter and Penelope, and they all drifted into sleep, maybe it wasn't a very peaceful sleep but it was sleep, and that is something they all needed desperately.
...
This continued every day for as long as they'd been there, they didn't know when it was night and when it was day, when one day turned into another, or when hours passed, but they did know that whenever someone was having an especially hard time the twins from heaven would sing to them.
After a while the others would quietly hum along to the tune. However, no one knew the burden, guilt, and pain that the twins carried with them. They held it so deep within their walls only each other and Tony new the entirety of the story. Peter and Penelope would be there for the others all day every day, but they never let the others help them. Neither of them wanted to be even more of a burden. Every once and a while though, they let the mask slip a little. No one questioned the thought, however, they all wondered.
...
Sorry if their is wired formatting cause I wrote on drive emailed to myself and then put it on wattpad because wattpad would load on my computer but drive would.