Saved The World Ruin His 2

"He's in shock," Tony says looking down at the young boy with curls falling into his dirty face. 

"This is all your fault! You killed her!" The boy screams again making the superhero's wince. Tony opens a capartment of his suit and takes out a vial with a needle at the end. Tony keeps it hidden and the boy doesn't notice. He is crying too hard. 

Steve looks over at him and nods. Steve tries his best to distract the kid which only ends in him yelling at the hero even more. Tony makes his way behind the kid before injecting him with the serum, making unconscious immediately. Steve caught the women's body as it fell from Peter's arms and Tony got the boy. 

Tony took off, flying the young child towards the medbay to make sure he does not have any injuries himself. Steve called over a few Shield agents to take the body to examine and prep for burial. 

Steve slowly stood up, tears in his eyes and guilt heavy on his heart. He scanned the area and notice the teddy bear he found a few feet back. Sighing he quietly picked it up, looking at it for a moment or two before grabbing his motorcycle to meet Tony and check on the kid. 

... 

Tony and Steve took turns watching the kid while the other got dressed and then kept eachother company. Steve managed to get the dirt out of the teddy bear and brought it back to the medbay to show Tony. 

He just laughed. 

Steve set it on a shelf and pulled over a chiar next to where Tony was sitting. The kid has a sprainged ankle and multiple cuts, but nothing two serious. The doctors went back to find more information about the kid. 

Sure, Tony could find it in a few minuets but ultimiley decided that today has been to long of a day to begin with and he didn't feel like having to notify a family that they belonged to. 

The two sat in silence for a few hours before Steve broke it, "Tony, he's been out for awhile. I though those were only supposed to work for 2 hours at max." 

The blonde's voice was slightly on edge as he looked at his friend, "For adults. He's just a kid, and a small one at that," 

The two whipped there heads around at the sound of a door creaking open. A doctor came in with a pack of papers and a sad look in her eyes. 

"Is everything ok?" Steve asks, his voice worried. 

The doctor responds, "About his health? No. But um... There is something you should see." 

She holds out the paper which Steve anxiously grabs and turns on her heal to walk out of the room. Steve looks from Tony to the boy and then to the paper. "Get on with it," Tony says. 

Steve flips the cover paper over and a picture of Peter comes up. 

Peter Benjamin Parker

Height: 5'6

Weight: 150

Age: 13

Birthdate: Aug. 10 2001 

Parents: Mary Parker (Deceased)  Richard Parker (Deceased)

Sibling(s): None

Guardian(s): May Parker and Ben Parker (Deceased)

Relatives: Tonia (Deceased) and Ronald Parker (Deceased) Tori (Deceased) and John Peterson (Deceased)

At least he still has May Parker, they both thought. Who did they kill then?

Steve and Tony's eyes burned with tears and he quickly flipped the page to find out more information. On the page was a few pictures. One of them was of the woman laying dead in Peter's arms.  Below it was a caption, May and Peter Parker

"It wasn't updated yet," Tony whispers breaking the Captaion out of his shock, "We killed May Parker but it hadn't been updated yet," Tony clarifies. 

"We killed his last family member," Steve whisperd, letting a tear fall from his eye. He looked be side him and saw a few silent tears running down Tony's face. 

"We have to do something," Tony said quickly wipping away the tears. 

Steve set the papers on the floor next to him and shifted so he could see Tony better, "He isn't going to want our help. We couldn't save his Aunt and now he is alone becuase of it. Becuase of us," 

"We owe it to him to try!" Tony almost yells back at Steve. It's not that Steve didn't want to help this boy, becuase he did, he would give his own life so he could have his Aunt back, or just for the kid even though they've hardly met. 

"What are we supposed to do? We can't bring May back to-" Steve cuts himself off and stares at Tony with wide eyes. "Tony, no, he doesn't even like us!" 

"He was in shock when he met us, Steve," Tony responds calmly, unlike before. 

"Even if we do it, I don't think either of us is qualified, we could die at any moment!" Tony looked away from Steve for a moment and then his eyes lit up and he looked back. 

"Pepper could, she is smart, caring, the public loves her, nothing bad in her past," Tony responds countering Steve once again. 

Steve looked at the young boy laying on the bed. His hair fluffed out on the pillow making Steve want to run his hand through it. His face had been cleaned and he'd been changed from his ripped clothes into a hospital gown that hung loosely on his small frame. One of his hands was clenched in the thin sheets and his eyebrows where scrunched. 

"We can't make Pepper adopt someone," Steve says looking away from the boy and to Tony. 

"Temporary guardianship? After we get a few things sorted out I can adopt him. You could be his Uncle," Tony said, like the idea of adopting this kid wasn't the biggest choice in his life. 

Steve looked uneasy still. 

"If you're worried about the press, we can hide him. We're the Avengers for Jesus Christ," Tony said rubbing his forehead with his hand and slipping off his glasses rubbing his eyes. 

"We're the ones that got her killed," Steve hesitates before saying, "I want to do this, I really do, I already love the kid and I don't know him, but Tony, what if he doesn't want you to adopt him? What if he never wants to see us again? Quite frankly, if I were him I wouldn't want to see us again." 

Tony sighs, his eyes are watery and full of guilt, "We owe it to him to try. If it doesn't work, you best believe he will be in the best orphanage in all of New York, he will have the best family in the world, and the brightest future." 

Steve was about to answer but the rapid beeping of the heart machine cut him off and two nurses rushed in the room. "He's waking up!" One of them said. The other stood at a countre on the other side of the room getting somthing ready. 

The boy sat up in bed with a hoarse scream. His voice was so hopless, desprate, and sad, it brought tears to all of the adults eyes. 

"Peter, it's ok, you're safe." Tony whispers. The boys eyes drift over to the billionare and then shift over to Steve. 

They watch as he sink back against the headboard and as tears escape his eyes, "She's dead." He whispers just loud enough for the two to hear. 

The nurses left the room leave the heros to stare at him unsure of what to do. He opens his eyes again and they roam around the room. "W-Where did you get that," Peter said pointing a shaky finger to the Iron-Man Stuffed animal on the shelf that Steve had found earlier. 

"It was on the street," Steve responded standing up to grab it. He approached the kid and handed the bear to him and sat down on the chair. 

The boy Grabbed the bear's leg and looked at the bottum of it's foot. He smiled and looked back up to the heros. "It's mine." He whispered, "Thank you." 

Steve just nodded. Peter looked like he was contemplating something before speaking, "I have no where to go," He hugged the bear closer to him and let out a small sob. 

It took everything in the heros not to comfort him, but they knew he wouldn't lke it. He doesn't know either of them in the slightest. 

"Yes you do," Tony said meeting the eyes of the boy. His boy.