Internship Two

Request Chapter

Please check out my new crossover Arrow book!!

RECAP: Peter is competing to get a new job as Tony's intern. Flash is eliminated, Peter got first.

...

The seccond test is written. We all sit at tables spaced far apart to prevent cheating. Around us a high tech divider ensures that we can not leave the chair incase of emergency and can monitor if we are cheating in anway.

If someone cheats they will be banned form the tower for lying. I think that might be kind of extreme but the where warned so whatever. The count down begins and when it gets to zero a small screen appears in front of us with the tes questions.

The questions are so easy. I answer them all within the first 5 minuets they appear on the screen. Once my test is over I notice others are still taking and sit in bordom.

After the last person is done (45 minuets later) Happy grabs a microphone and a Stark pad.

"Alright everyone. I am going to call out the names of the lowest scores and the highest scores. If you are not called you passed but did not make the top 5." Happy begins to read a long list of names. Everyone stands up with a smile becuase they thing they are the ones in the top five.

"Peter Parker," I stand up trying to keep the worry out of my facial expressions. Maybe I went to fast for my own good?

"Alright fifth place is... Emma Bushwell," it is the girl with red hair and glasses. I politely clap for her and she sits down. Happy calls fourth place, third place, and seccond place. He takes a dramatic pause for first place and I rub my hands against my jeans, "First place is Peter Parker," His voice is rather monotone but I gasp and sit down.

A blush crosses my face at the polite claps ringing out throughout the room. The people still standing glare at the sitters but leave the room one the less. Happy walks towards a table and shuffles around some things and grabs a different Stark pad clicking a few buttons.

"The next test is how well you can multi task. You will be set through a seris of simulations, whoever paces the most efficently, so in the top twenty are the winners. Everyone below that will be asked to leave," Happy motions for us to follow him through yet another doorway. On the inside their is a narrow hallway and forty rooms, twenty on each side.

The doors are labled with our names. I find the one that says Peter Parker and walk intside. On a small table there is a sheet of papper with a list of what is on each floor. Around me the walls turn into a screen that looks to be like a lab in the tower. In one corner is Mr. Stark.

"Hey kid, can you get me a coffee, no two packets of sugar?" He asks and swivels in his chair so he is facing me.

"Yes Mr. Stark," I say and turn out of the room. I walk into and elevator and quickly scan the list of floors.

"Take me to floor 72, pleas, FRIDAY," The elevator starts to move and is opened to a huge kitchen like area with fridges, ovens and microwaves. Sevral other people are in the room.

One of the girls stops and turns to me, "Oh my gosh, you are Mr. Stark's personal intern! Can you check out my project,"

"I would love too... Maggie, I said looking at her name tag. I quickly start the coffee maker and then follow Maggie into the elevator

"Ms. Potts has a stack of paper she needs you to take to Mr. Stark ASAP," FRIDAY says from overhead.

"I understand if you can't-" Maggie starts to say but I cut her off and tell her to tell me about her project. It is about renewable energy and looks pretty cool.