Missed You

Requested. Stories separated by ***

...

1) Bruce Banner, Natasha Romanoff- Banner, Peter Romanoff-Banner 

...

"Daddy?" Peter asks, tilting his head up to look at his father.

"Yeah, buddy?" Bruce replies softly, placing his hands under the toddler's arms and lifting him up. Peter rested his head against his dad's shoulder and wrapped his arms around Bruce's neck. 

"When will Momma be home?" Peter responded borrowing his head father into his dad's shoulder. Bruce let out a pained sigh and carded through the boy's curls. He sat down on the couch in the abnormally quiet Avengers commons room. 

The Avengers had been on a mission for nearly a week. Fury said they didn't need the Hulk but he still needed to be on call just in case. Bruce hadn't been called on for help but Natasha also hasn't come home yet. The thought of his wife died in an enemy base nearly made him throw up. The thought of Peter not having a mom almost made him throw up. 

"She'll be home soon," Bruce said, he didn't know if that was a lie or not. Bruce had called all of the Avengers to double-check but none of them answered. When he called Fury he said that the situation was under control and an alert would sound if anyone was in trouble. 

Bruce had the fastest jet set up and ready to go in case he was called. But until then, he sat on the couch holding his son closing feeling useless. After a little while, Bruce turned on the TV and adjusted Peter so he could watch as well. 

They'd already eaten, Bruce ordered pasta, Peter's favorite. Half an hour later the time was 8:00 o'clock. Peter's bedtime. 

"Hey, Peter, time for bed," Bruce whispered turning off the TV. 

"No!" Peter whined crossing his arms and turning to face his dad. "Not until Momma gets home." 

Bruce's heart broke a little as he stood up. Peter pounded at Bruce's chest and wailed like his life depended on it. "Peter, Momma will be back. I promise. Besides, the quicker you go to bed the sooner she will be back," That was a lie. Bruce had no clue. But Peter needed to sleep. 

Peter's wailing came to a stop and he just nodded his head. 

...

Bruce changed into his pajamas and crawled under covers into the cold, empty bed. He hasn't slept nearly this whole week. His stomach never stopped flopping, and he could barely eat. He didn't want to go to the lab and get caught up in something in case he was called and needed to get out quickly. 

So he laid there, staring at the ceiling above him trying to imagine Natasha's face and laugh. Tring to reassure himself that she will be back soon. He hears a squeak at the door and sighed expecting it to be Peter. 

"Bruce? Are you asleep?" A soft voice spoke out into the darkroom. 

Bruce stumbled from the bed and quickly engulfed his wife in a hug. "You're home," 

...

The next morning the heard the door to their bedroom open and then a small gasp. Next, they hear loud footsteps and felt an indent on their bed. "MOMMA!" A little boy squealed. 

The redhead smiled and wrapped her arms around her son smiling into his beautiful hair. 

"Missed you, honey," she whispered. Bruce rolled over and smiled at his family. Peter crawled over his mom and settled in between his parents. Natasha rolled on her side and reached her arm around Bruce and set the other one on his head. Bruce did the same. 

Peter babbled about everything that happened to him that week and Bruce and Natasha smiled at each other. 

***

2) Steve Rogers Natasha Romanoff- Rogers Peter Romanoff- Rogers

...

Steve lays in the hospital bed. He just got back from a mission. There was an explosion and he caught part of it, he is already awake, just a few cuts and bruises. 

Natasha was on the mission too, she managed to escape before the explosion happened. She sped back to her house to grab Peter and then back to the med-bay to see her husband. 

The door swung open and Steve smiled as his wife and son ran in. Peter jumped on the bed and curled up into Steve's side, not saying a word. Natasha relaxed immediately and slowly sat down next to Steve as not to hurt him. 

Once she was sitting, she rested her head on his shoulder, "You had me worried out there," she whispered just above a whisper. 

"I'm ok, I promise," He says and kisses the top of her head. 

...

The next morning Steve was already out of the hospital. He stood making pancakes and humming a tune. Natasha sat at the counter filling out missions reports while Peter lies still asleep in his bed. 

"Hey, Steve," Natasha whispered looking up from her papers. Steve met her eyes. 

"We haven't had a break in nearly 10 years." 

Steve moves the pancake off the burner and sits next to Natasha on the stools. "What brings this up?"

Natasha pauses for a minute and leans against her husband, "We should take a vacation. You, me and Peter. The other Avengers can save the world without us for a week. We could go to Disney. You've gotten really into the movies every since Peter. Plus he would love it." 

Steve didn't respond for the moment. The word vacation was foreign to both of them. Steve nor Natasha had never taken a vacation, let alone a full week long. Plus Tony would undoubtedly pay for it. 

"I'd like that." 

...

The pancakes were finished and Peter skipped out of his room hugging both of his parents. Steve and Natasha smiled down at him. They looked at each other and Steve nodded at Natasha. 

"Hey, Peter. We have a surprise," She paused for a moment and smiled, "We are going to Disney World!" 

Peter jumped from his chair he had only just sat down in and ran around the table to his parents. 

"Really! Oh my gosh!" He squealed and steve picked him up with one hand and wrapped Natasha in the other. Peter continued babbling about how happy he was, and Steve and Natasha couldn't be happier watching him.