Inked

Pleeeeeeease leave comments... I love reading them!!!

Requested by spiderson4life

...

"Hey, dad," Peter says in a dejected voice. He plays with his ear piercing, something he always does when he is anxious. Behind his ear, he has a small tattoo of a spider and a sleeve on each arm. He went with his dad to get them as soon as he was old enough. He totally didn't have to hold his dad's hand the entire time. But in his defense, it hurts.

Bucky wraps an arm around his shoulders, "What's wrong?" 

Peter bites his lips and studies his inked arm very carefully, as if it will tell him what to say, "I kind of want to meet the Avengers. Not as Spider-Man, I mean." 

Bucky sighs and his hand drops from his son's shoulder. The older man turns to look him in the eye. "I don't know, your mom and I have kept you a secret for this long. I don't want to put-" 

"I know, I know, you don't want to put me in danger. I can handle it, I promise. Plus, Uncle Steve and Uncle Clint knows who I am and I haven't been killed yet." 

"Peter Barnes! What have your mom and I said about the death jokes!" 

Peter rolls his eyes. Just then Natasha walks into the room with a raised brow, she is sporting athletic shorts and a tank top, her go-to training with Steve outfit. Peter and Bucky train with them a lot too, but not as much. Those two are crazy. 

"Bucky what did you do to our son? He looks angry." 

Peter smiles and lets out a laugh. Natasha and Peter sort of made a pact to bully Bucky whenever they got a chance. It was all out of love, of course. 

"I want to meet the Avengers. As your son," Peter says after a moment, eyeing her wearily. 

Natasha's eyes pop open and she makes brief contact with her husband before looking at Peter. "We can't hide you forever," Is all she says as she walks out of the room. 

...

After talking with Steve and Clint, they came up with a whole plan. Steve is going to schedule a mandatory team bonding (it would be too suspicious if Bucky or Nat did it because they have to be dragged to them anyways), Peter is going to show up with his parents and introduce himself as Spider-Man and Peter Barnes. 

No matter how it goes down there will be chaos, so might as well rip the band-aid off as quickly as possible. 

The night of the team bonding rolls around quickly. Everyone else is already there, Clint and Steve sharing nervous glances. When it is late enough to be noticeable and comment-worthy, the small family walks in. 

Peter walks in between his parents, Bucky has to swat his hand away from his earring so as to not accidentally rip it out (Sometimes he forgets his own strength, ok?) 

The room goes silent and Peter can feel the entire room looking him up and down, taking in every detail of his appearance. From the tattoos to the ear piercings, everything. Natasha sends a glare to everyone and Bucky backs her up with the following glare. 

"Hey, Pete! Good to see you," Clint says, it sounds more like a scream in the quiet room. 

"Missed you at training today," Steve says rubbing the back of his neck. 

"Hey..." Peter says awkwardly. Bucky puts a hand around his shoulder and smiles at the rest of the room. 

He clears his throat before speaking, "This is our son, Peter. We haven't told you about him because we wanted to keep him safe. But, he is also Spider-Man so he already knows all of you." 

The room breaks out into chaos, with questions, comments, and concerns being thrown out into the previously silent room. 

While the room is railing Bucky and Natasha with questions about their marriage and somehow skipping directly over their child, Steve leads him over to the couch he was sitting on. 

...

The rest of the night is fine, Peter can still feel the looks of awe from his teammates. 

Hungry, Peter walks himself to the kitchen to grab some sandwiches that Tony had made for the night. Tony is already in the kitchen grabbing himself a beer. Once Peter approaches, Tony freezes and makes brief eye contact before looking away. 

"Nice tattoos," The genius says before high tailing it out of the kitchen. The rest of the night goes somewhat like that, nobody makes conversation with Peter. Besides brief glances, nobody meets his eyes either. It's almost as if they are scared of him. 

They watch a scary movie that night, and Peter can't help but jump through the entire thing. Steve just laughs, loudly and puts an arm around his shoulder. About halfway through, Peter gives up and hides his head in his uncle's shoulder. 

It doesn't take long until he falls asleep. When the lights turn on the Avengers stare at the sleeping boy in shock. 

"You do realize, he's just a kid, right?" Clint says, "He is the biggest teddy bear you'll ever meet. Just like his parents, really," he adds with a tease. That one earns him a hit on the head from Natasha. Ok, so maybe Natasha isn't a giant teddy bear but Bucky totally is.