Je t'aime, père

6.8

I am using my limited knowledge of French so bear with me. 

PETER IS IN FRENCH!

....

I walk into Tony's lab excitedly. Today was very boring, in Honors English we are working on our social justice project, in interior design we finished learning about colors, in AP Human Geography we watched a boring movie, and in French, we learned about family trees. Ned and I also talked a lot about the new Star Wars movie, The Rise of Skywalker, it is coming out on November 27, 2019 (!!!!!!!!!!!!). 

"Hey, Tony! Guess what! There is a new Star Wars movie coming out!" I say very excitedly. 

"You do realize the point of saying guess what is to make me guess, right?" He replies with a smirk. 

"THAT'S ALL YOU GOT OUT OF THAT! THERE IS A NEW STAR WARS MOVIE!" I scream, clearly offended. 

"Whatever, come here we have some improvements to make!" He says and turns back to his work. 

"Whatever- WHATEVER!"

...

3rd person...

They finished up improvements and it was time for Peter to go home. He gave his mentor a side hug then stood up and grabbed his stuff. 

"Bye, kid," Tony said. 

"Au revoir, je t'aime, père," Peter says. Before Tony could ask what that means Peter already left the room. 

"He FRIDAY, y'know what Pete said? What does that mean?" Tony asks curiously. 

"I am not allowed to share," FRIDAY says with a hint of amusement in her voice. 

Tony slams his hand against the table, "That little punk!" 

"Hey FRIDAY, call Peter!" Tony demands. The line starts to ring and then Peter picks up. 

"Are you ok? Did I do anything? Did I leave anything there?" Peter starts to ramble making Tony chuckle. 

"No, kid, jeez, slow down. I just have a question, what did you say before you left?" There was a hesitation on the other end of the line, "kid?" Tony questioned. 

Peter started making a bunch of crackling noises, "Tony... I'm loosing.... bad connection..." 

"Kid I know you are just making those noises yourself," Tony says in a 'duh' voice. 

No response. 

"Kid? Peter?" 

No response. 

"That lil' punk hung up on me!" Tony says throwing the hammer that was in his hand at the wall, and the cussing for making a dent. 

"Hey FRIDAY, please fix the wall." He said and then pushed him out of the chair and summoned his suit. 

...

"Hey FRIDAY, where is Peter?" Tony asks. 

"Peter is located at Mr. Delmar's shop with his friend, Ned." 

"Thanks, FRI, direct me there," The ceiling opens up and Tony flies out to find the kid. 

Once he approaches the shop he steps out of his suit and decides to act natural. He opens the doors and the people inside gasps. He looks over to the table and feigns shock and the sight of Peter. 

"Oh, Peter, I didn't expect you here!" He exclaims. 

"ToNy! WhAt ArE yOu DoInG hErE?" (My shoulder just popped. ow). 

Tony holds in a chuckle and Ned's mouth falls open, "I just thought I would get some of the best sandwiches in Queens!" 

"Oh yeah, kid, what did you say to me when you left?" Tony asks, inviting himself to sit down by Peter. 

"Uh..." His face went bright red and Tony raised an eyebrow then looked at a shocked Ned. 

"Peter tell him what you told me. Maybe he can tell me," Tony continued. Peter looked up at Ned. 

"Je t'aime, père..." Peter mumbled. 

Ned SQUEALED. 

And I mean SQUEALED. 

"Oh my gosh, Peter!!! Oh my god! AHHH... I can't believe you!!! AHHHH!!!! This is better than Star Wars!" 

Tony looked at the kid in confusion. 

"Nothing is better than Star Wars," Peter mumbled.

"He said..." Ned paused to breathe, "He said I love you, dad!" 

Peter looked over to Tony but didn't meet his eyes. Tony pulled Peter into a hug with tears in his eyes. Peter sat there shocked for a moment before wrapping his arms around his dad. 

"I love you too, kid," Tony whispered, but Ned still heard it and couldn't resist letting out a squeal totally not ruining the moment. 

"This is the best thing since sliced bread!" Ned exclaimed. Both Tony and Peter looked over to Ned. 

"Dude what the hell," Peter said (language). 

"Yeah... this is better than sliced bread," Tony added with a small smile.  Peter let his head fall against the table. 

"Now you are going to be making dad jokes for the rest of my life... oh Thor and Loki, please help me!" 

Ned then proceeded to faint.