Power of Us

6.8

WARNING ENDGAME RELATED (ALTERNATE ENDING)- NEXT CHAPTER WON'T HAVE ANYTHING RELATED TO ENDGAME FOR THOSE WHO HAVEN'T SEEN IT YET.

Do you like my new cover picture? (I didn't make it)

...

The sky is dark and filled with smoke and debris. The ground is covered in the remains from the compound. The Avengers that survived the snap, including Natasha, stand in a circle facing Thanos and his army. They are losing. Thanos paces in front of them and The Avengers look at him with pure hate and vengeance. Nothing else. The large purple titan grins, his ugly teeth shining in the dull environment around them.

Tony looks over to Steve, concern filling both of their eyes. They try to push it away though. Even though they are losing they have to try. Whatever it takes. They have to try to win, not only for those who are dead but to protect the ones that are still alive. Steve puts on his brave face quickly followed by Tony. Steve clenches his jaw together and nods slightly at Tony. While Thanos is not paying attention, Tony stuck out his hand and fired a repulsor that would have killed the normal person on contact. Thanos stumbled backward a little bit but was mostly unaffected, what was deadly to most was a small shock for him.

The Avengers ran outward from their circle, taking down as many titans as they possibly can. But they were losing. There were thousands of them pouring out of ships and who the hell knows what. As Tony is fighting a Titan, from the corner of the eyes he sees Steve catching and holding Mjolnir. He smiles and keeps fighting.

They use each other's weapons and powers to kill multiple Titan's at a time, but still, they are losing. The Avengers is a very motivated group at the moment. But so is Thanos. Half of the universe is gone but it is still their duty to protect the other half of the universe.

"Does anyone have eyes on the gauntlet?" Carol asks from over the comm system. Everyone responds with 'negative' or 'no' or a few cuss words. Sadly, Steve didn't say 'Language' across the comms. Tony was terrified, so were the others and something funny would've been nice. But I guess they have no time for fun while they are fighting to protect the universe.

A particular powerful blow leaves Tony sprawling on the floor. "Guys look!" He hears Clint screech through the comms. Tony stand up whips his head around him. A bright orange color cuts through the dark smoke filled battle scene. Dr. Strange appears through the portal first. And then Bucky and Groot. Next was Shuri and...

"PETER!" Tony screamed sprinting to his son. Peter's mask is off and his eyes look scared.

"Dad..." Peter whispers and Tony engulphs him in a big bear hug.

"Are you ok? Oh my gosh... I'm sorry... so sorry. I should've... I love you so much Peter," Tony rambles as he holds the shaking kid in his arms.

"I love you too dad," Peter responds but is interrupted by a voice from over the comm.

"We need to find the gauntlet," Rocket says interrupting the reunions. Tony slowly lets go of his kid.

"Stay at a distance and scan for the gauntlet. Help out but don't engage with Thanos," Peter nods and webs away.

"FRIDAY, scan for the gauntlet please," He says while shooting down some titans along the way. FRIDAY locks on a power signature under a large piece of rubble. Quickly Tony scrambles toward the large rock and lifts it up with a grunt while grabbing the shiny gauntlet. Once he has it in his hand he lets the slab of cement fall kicking up debris from the ground. Just as Tony is about to stand up from the squatting position he was in, a large hand slaps his back and he goes flying through the air, the gauntlet falling from his grip.

"UNDEROOS!" Tony calls as he sees Peter swinging in and grabbing the gauntlet and then himself.

"I got you dad." He says and lowers Tony to the ground while keeping a protective hand around the gauntlet.

"Get that to Captain Marvel... The glowy women with short hair," Tony instructs. Peter nods and begins swinging across the rubble. Tony rolls over and tries to stand up. Tries to ignore the immense pain radiating through his body.

Something lands on the ground next to him and he quickly stands up in a defensive position. But then he stops. A suit that looks like his except purple stands in front of him. She flips the face plate up and sure enough, Pepper is behind the mask.

"Tony..." She whispers running to him and helping him up.

"Peter is back," Tony says with a smile on his face, accepting his wife's help.

"I know... Morgan will be happy to meet him,"

...

"Who has the gauntlet?" Tony asks through the comms while shooting Titan's all around him. Thanos stood just a little way in front of Tony. A couple of people answered his question, but the gauntlet came into his sight. He shot himself up in the air desperately trying to grab the piece out of the sky. But he was too late.

Thanos had the gauntlet. He smirked victoriously and held his hand up in the air. No. No. No. No. He can't win. He just can't. Tony quickly extracts the stones from the gauntlet.

Pain.

A haze of rainbow colors crowd his vision and he can't see straight. The pain is so intense it is almost not there.

"Dad wait!" He hears a voice call from some direction or another.

"P-Peter?" Tony manages to whisper.

"Don't do this dad, please,"

"I-I have too," Tony let's out a scream from another bolt of pain shooting through him. His heart rate spikes as he doesn't hear a response from the kid. His kid. He can't bring himself to speak, or even think. It just hurts. He feels a small hand slip into his free hand and gasps.

...

Peter's POV

I let out a blood-curdling scream of pain as bright lights dance in my vision. Blood drums in my ears and I try to focus on a figure in front of me but it is too hard. The pain is too much. I let out another scream. I flinch as another hand grabs mine. The pain lessens a little but is still the most pain I have ever felt in my lifetime.

I try to look next to me and see a purple suit and a familiar face, "Mom?" She tries to nod and lets out a loud scream. Every so often the pain becomes slightly less... and less.

It is still the most painful thing I've ever been through. The most painful thing I will ever go through. Soon the battlefield is quiet and I can barely make out the purple titan, the thing I grew to despise. My dad grips my hand a little hard her and he shifts slightly.

"We. Are. The. Avengers," My dad screams so everyone can hear, even over the pain. A sharp jolt of pain goes through me, and presumably everyone else. Screams echo through the air.

And then everything is quiet.

Dust floats up in the air.

I can barely move my body, but I manage to shift my head to the side.

Dad is laying on the ground next to me.

Huh, when did I get on the ground?

Blood, bruises, and sweat cover his face.

But a smile covers his face.

"We won, dad."

I look at the still hazy sky above me where the dust from my enemies swirls and then disappears.

"We won." Dad echos from next to me.