Bombs of Our Mind

The beginning of July has always been a rough time for the Avengers, yes July 4th is Captain America's birthday, and they were always able to enjoy his birthday, well until the sunset and darkness encompassed the city. 

Every year, around and on the Fourth of July, people set off big, loud, and bright fireworks for people's enjoyment. For most, they were fun to look at and something to look forward too. But not the Avengers. They hate fireworks. 

The loud booms and bright colors just brought back memories of the past, bad ones. Battlefields, kidnappings, explosions, it brought all of the worst times back. 

The Avengers aren't the only ones who struggle with this, but tons of veterans as well. For a person's who first instinct is to fight and to kill, for a person who spends a large part of their life on the battlefield and in harm's way, the thunderous noises of fireworks aren't as fun as others would think. 

This is why, every fourth of July, The Avengers could never be found out and about. This is why Tony made the top 10 stories soundproof and closed all the shades of the large windows shut tight. 

On the Fourth of July, you could always find the Avengers in the same positions. 

Tony and Steve would be in the middle of the couch, leaning against each other. Peter would always be right next to Tony, curled up on his side with his head close to his arc reactor. Bucky would be pressed against Steve's side, their heads resting against each other. Natasha would wedge herself in between Bucky and Clint, her head on Bucky's shoulder and her arm around Clint. 

Next, to Peter, Thor sat being careful not to crush him. He would have one of his arms around Peter and his head against Peter's shoulder. Next to the God of Thunder, was a big green rage monster, who wasn't very big or monstrous. Bruce was curled into the man's side with his head against his shoulder. 

Clint sat Next to Natasha and had an arm around her shoulders and a head on one of them. If Pepper happened to be there she would sit in between Tony and Steve with her head resting against Tony's chest, and her hand running through Peter's soft hair. 

On the TV, a light-hearted Disney movie would play, Steve usually got to pick because of his great taste and interest in the franchise. 

Even with the cuddles, and even with a movie playing, sometimes memories got the best of them, and if that ever happen the people closest to them would hug them even tighter and whisper soothing words into their ear in hopes of claiming them down. 

Of course, the not so little family would fight and drive each other insane, but no matter what happened they could always count on each other for anything. 

...

I know the Fourth of July was a month ago but I never got around to writing it until now!

Also, fireworks can trigger PTSD in Veterans. 

Sorry, this is so short but I didn't have a lot of time. 

So you know how Tom Holland likes Love's Island?

Well, my friend and I watched it today. 

I-I... I don't even know anymore 

-EB