Chapter 4

I am now doing my work at my desk. While working on the desktop computer, there's a lot going inside my head. The first thing is about Charles and Zilly's attitude towards me. I feel so emotionally hurt by them, especially Zilly Reyes. Zilly Reyes is a year younger than me, aged 24. She's works diligently but her attitude towards co-workers is zero.

She would always say sarcastic remarks and say jokes about me. Majority of her jokes are offensive that always targeted me and some of my co-workers would laugh at it. I laugh at it sometimes but deep down I'm so offended and hurt. I can still bear it though.

I don't want to actively fight back at her since I don't want any drama in the office. I just deny her jokes and laugh at it but earlier, I did not laugh at her joke. It really annoyed me because for me, lining me up with vices is really below the belt.

Another thing I noticed is whenever that Charles gets mad at me, Zilly would add fuel to my miserable state. Why is that? To make me emotionally suffer?

Speaking of Charles, Charles Stein, I think his attitude towards me started during my first year of work here, probably after a few weeks after I started working here. His anger issues that year changed. He is known for being strict and gets mad at other co-workers. He excels at his job which I really praise him for that but his anger issues are his only flaw.

During that year, Charles was assigned by our department head, sir Mark, that he would be in-charge of guiding me of my duties for a few weeks in the workplace since I'm new.

There was nothing out of ordinary that I could remember on why he has anger issues with me. He was strict on me during those weeks but on the last day of guidance with him, he suddenly changed all of the sudden. He got more nasty with me.

I don't have the guts to ask him why he's like that directly, knowing he has anger issues. He's too scary! I try to avoid him as much as possible. He's the 2nd to the last person that I would want to interact with, Zilly would be the last.

The second thing that is roaming inside my mind is about the incident regarding with the soy sauce. Should I wait for his call since I said to him that he could get my number from Maria? Or I should be the one to reach out and get his number from Maria?

I'm worried that if I really did cause some inconvenience to him! I'm not sure if I made him mad but it is common sense that anybody could get mad with that. It's also embarrassing since we've just met for the first time!

His name was Conrad Imonoyama, was it? How come it doesn't ring a bell to me? Maybe he's just new to voice acting.

I opened my phone and searched his name on the internet. As I tapped on search, I saw the name Subaru Imonoyama. It says here on their agency website that the name "Subaru" is his stage name.

I saw some of his previous works. He mostly voices anime for English dub. So he's not new after all. That's why I'm not familiar with him. I don't like watching anime dubbed in English, that's why. I prefer Japanese because it is authentic and I can feel the real essence of the anime I'm watching.

I can also see he voices anime in Japanese, too but quite a few.

I received a notification from G talent agency's twitter account that Lucas will have a commercial with an American beauty product production company.

I was happy when I heard this! Another good news from Lucas! First is the the new anime titled "The Lover's Sun" and now this! What commercial will it be?

I suddenly startled when Charles called my name. I looked at him over my desk and saw him standing near the door.

"Athena, bring these contracts to the advertising department. Make them sign it and return the signed contract here. Got it?"