Chapter 34

It's day two of our stay here. I looked below from the balcony of my room and I can see people sunbathing and taking a swim at the pool.

I'm reluctant to swim right now. All I can see are beautiful ladies walking and swimming around with a two-piece swim suit. They've got great swim bods. Compared to mine... I've got some fats around.

I brought a rash guard with matching above-knee length swimming shorts that I use when we have family outings.

I don't have the guts to wear a bikini or even a one piece!

Well, I'm not the only one who will wear a rash guard. I can also see other people wearing it too.

I put all the swimming essentials such as clothes for changing, towel and sun screen inside my tote bag.

I'm wearing my rash guard now but I put on a t-shirt above my rash guard and also shorts for my bottom so that I would not look inappropriate while walking inside the hotel.

All of us agreed to meet up at the pool area. I am now walking towards the pool area but I came across the souvenir shop.

On a whim, I just entered the shop. I saw some keychains through the window of the shop from outside that reminds me of Lucas's gift to me.

There's still time before I could meet up with the others so I decided to go inside the shop.

I'm looking at the keychains on the rack. I saw the exact keychain that Lucas bought for me. I walked closer to the rack and took a hold of the same keychain that Lucas gave me.

I feel so happy and fuzzy.

I want to look for a gift for Lucas too so I looked around the store items. As I try to look around, I saw a one and only bamboo pen on the display table.

It looks interesting as it's my first time seeing a pen that is made out of bamboo. The barrel of the pen is made out of bamboo.

I wanted to test the pen if it writes okay. I was about to reach for the pen but my hand stopped reaching it when my hand bumped to another person's hand beside me that is also reaching for the same pen.

I looked to the person beside me and that person is a female that immediately apologized to me for bumping her hand to mine.

I also apologized to her. She's kind of the same age as me or younger.

"You can have it." She politely said.

"Are you sure? I think you wanted this pen also." I said.

I insisted that she can have the pen but she also insisted that I can have the pen.

This girl is so polite and generous. I will feel guilty if I take this pen because it seems she really wanted the pen, she's just being polite.

"How about this. Let's test the ink of this pen. Who knows if I don't like the ink or if I will like it." I said.

She agreed and she was the first one to test the pen on the scratch paper provided on the table.

She grabbed the pen and tried to remove the cap of the pen then tried to scribble down on the paper.

"Hmm... It's a gel pen. He might like this." She said.

"Oh really? Are you perhaps giving it to someone?" I asked.

She shyly agreed and said that she wanted to give something for her boyfriend.

How nice, she has a boyfriend.

"I was also planning to give something but its for my friend."

"Is that so?" She replied.

She gave me the pen and I tried to write something on the scratch paper.