Chapter 23

I returned to work area and I just stared blankly. I slowly placed my right forearm against the edge of my desk in front of me. My eyes then shifted looking at my right palm facing upwards with my fingers slightly bent.

My chest feels funny, it's still throbbing. This hand just literally touched Athena's hand. Why I'm so jittery all of the sudden after holding her hand? I'm not like this whenever I hold hands with my exes.

I inhaled and exhaled deeply to calm myself. How annoying, it's like I'm a teenager who got to experience love for the first time.

I'm not an innocent man. I've got tons of experience in relationships. Making me feel this way with just holding her hand is so lame.

My phone just vibrated inside my front pocket of my pants. I grabbed my phone from my pocket and I can see a message from Heathrow.

As I saw the content of her message, my eyes widened from shock.

An image of Athena and I holding hands was the content of the message. I immediately turned over my phone and placed it on the table.

I leaned back on my chair and placed my hand around my forehead then wiped my face downwards using the same hand.

My phone vibrated again and Heathrow has a follow up message saying

I find this photo intriguing. Who would have thought you look innocent and cute while holding hands with her? I don't plan to show this to her. But hey, use kinder words to her even if you claimed that you don't have any feelings for her.

When did she took this photo? I didn't notice she took this photo!

As I try to recall the happenings earlier for a moment, I finally recalled the events. That's why she's standing at a distance while Athena and I were holding hands.

I let out a deep sigh and opened the image again that Heathrow sent. Heathrow must be messing with me as she thought I still have feelings for her.

I look pathetic in this photo. In this photo, Athena is seated across me while she is looking at our hands holding in a palm to palm way that is placed in between us on the table.

She looked... I don't want to say this... but she really look adorable in this photo. She showed a gentle smile in the photo.

She did not look tense here compared to the one where I interlocked my hand to hers. I think she's thinking something else when I called her attention to confirm if she heard Heathrow saying to try interlocking our hands.

When did I ever look at her this way in the photo? I looked so cringey here. I'm smiling sweetly at her...what the hell!

I thought she was cute and innocent when I interlocked my hand to hers. She got that awkward and nervous look...

Okay, STOP.

I shook my head to shake off these inappropriate flashbacks about what happened earlier.

I replied Heathrow that it's uneccessary for her to send that photo. I even said that I'll delete the photo.

I glanced at Heathrow's work area from a far and she noticed that I looked at her. She gave me a suspicious and a teasing look on her eyes.

I received her reply and she said

I was supposed to give this as a sample to the advertising department for the conceptualization of the ad campaign but I changed my mind. Ladies in the company might go loco if they saw this.

I sent you this because I still think you like her. This is proof! Look at your expression in the photo, that's genuine!

I replied her defensively that I don't have feelings left for her. I even said that I made that face because I'm just portraying to be a boyfriend for the sake of helping the advertising people to visualize and conceptualize.