Chapter 31

I have arrived at my home. I threw my suitcase on the floor, loosen my necktie, and I slumped myself on the sofa.

It's over. Game over.

I said all what I wanted to say to her. I got what I wanted from her. She totally hates me.

My cellphone rang and I reached for my phone placed on the center table of my living room.

My brother, Dylan, called me. He asked how did the talk went with Athena. He was so giddy when I told him I'll tell what I feel about her.

I told him everything that happened.

"Damn bro. This is the first time in years hearing you so dejected. The last time was when mom and dad was so adamant of you to take a medical or a public service career. Anyways, will you seriously give up on her?"

"Yeah. She honestly said she hates me."

"You reap what you sow. Well, it's entirely your fault. If you were nicer to her at the beginning."

"I know! Don't add salt to my wound!" I raised my voice at him.

"Want me to go to your place and comfort you?"

"No thanks."

"Want to go to a bar and drink your sorrows away? I know a bar that offers special service for broken hearted people." He annoyingly laughed at me.

I'm getting annoyed at him. I hung up on him and threw my cellphone at the other sofa.

I went to my kitchen and grabbed some red wine inside my wine cooler.

I filled my wine glass half-full and drank it aggressively.

I drank several glasses already and I feel so tipsy right now. The wine bottle I'm holding is empty. I'm about to stand up and get some more wine from the wine cooler but I decided not to get more.

I dropped and slouched on my chair then placed my head on the table facing on one side.

I'm so drunk that I emptied the full wine bottle. I passed out and just slept on the table.
.
.
.
.
.

I got into my senses and I woke up from a headache. I lightly scratched my eyes and opened my eyes. I realized I got a hangover from drinking too much wine.

The digital wall clock in my kitchen says its 6:47 am. I stretched my arms and stood up from my chair then went to my bathroom. I positioned to myself in front of the mirror.

I look so messy. My hair is so disheveled and I haven't even changed my clothes from yesterday. I'm still wearing my work clothes.

Good thing I woke up before seven. I can still prepare myself for today's work.

I don't feel so good right now. My head is heavy but tolerable. Drinking too much is so bad but I can't help it.

How will I face her today? I don't know if I can still act normally at her. I bet this will be painful for me.

I should not falter when I see her and I won't let my emotions feed me. My work performance will sullen if I let my emotions get on me.

I took a bath, clothed myself with work outfit, fixed my hair, and ate some breakfast.
.
.
.
.
.

I've arrived at work and parked my car to the basement parking. After getting outside of my car, I saw from a far that Athena and the endorser guy are walking towards the elevator.

She's all smiling at him like an idiot, how annoying. Why the hell he's here? How come they arrived here together?

I did not hesitate and started going to the elevator where the two of them are waiting for the elevator to arrive.