Chapter 24

The day that I will spend my time with Lucas has finally arrived. I made sure I look good today.

I'm wearing my best casual Sunday dress with short sleeves. The color of the dress is light brown and there is no design patterns attached to it, only two pockets at both sides of the chest is attached. A comfortable block heel sandals completes my outfit for today.

I can see Lucas is sitting inside the casual dining restaurant from the outside. I took a deep breath and went inside of the restaurant.

I sat across him and greeted him. I apologized if I made him wait too long.

"Oh no. You didn't make me wait." He reassured me.

He stared at me and smiled.

"You look beautiful today."

I shyly thanked and smiled at him. I can feel my face is getting hotter. I'm not used to hearing similar comments.

Lucas called the waitress and handed the menus. After choosing what we wanted order, the waitress got our orders and went to the kitchen.

"I'm glad you're fully recovered. The weather's nice for us to hangout, isn't it?"

"Yes, I'm really glad that I don't have to walk on those crutches anymore."

After several minutes of conversations, our food has arrived and we started eating together.

It's currently lunch time and we have plenty of time to do whatever Lucas plans to do with me after we eat.

I'm so enjoying my time right now. Even though I'm currently just eating with him, my stress from work has lifted and I feel so in love. I feel like I'm a lucky girl for hanging out a person like him.

We finished eating and I am about to get my wallet for us to split the bill but he stretched his arm forward and signaled me to stop me for bringing out my wallet from my bag.

"I'm a gentleman. Ladies should sit back and relax." He playfully winked at me.

I shyly smiled at him and said "If that's what you want..."

He payed for the bill and we are now outside of the restaurant.

"Let's walk slowly to bring down the food we just ate."

We started walking around along a street of restaurants and stores. The wind is cool and not too hot. This is the ideal temperature to walk around.

We came across a pet shop that sells dogs, cats, rabbits, birds, and other furry animals.

We stopped in front of the pet shop. Lucas was staring at the brown cocker spaniel puppy displayed on the glass window. I suggested that we can take a look inside.

We went inside of the shop and we immediately went near the puppy he took interest in. He asked permission from the shop employee if he could hold and carry the puppy. The employee agreed and picked up the puppy from it's cage then laid it on Lucas's arms. Lucas is cradling the puppy.

Oh my... look at Lucas... he's so cute like an angel... My heart is thumping!

"Do you like dogs?" I asked.

"Absolutely! I have a male corgi at home. He's two years old." He excitedly said.

Upon hearing that, I got all excited knowing he also has a pet at home.

"His name is Chippy." He added while petting the head of the cocker spaniel puppy.

"How cute! I have a pet in my house too! He's an orange tabby cat, three years old." I said.