Chapter 41

At the side of the door, there's a see through glass window that you could see the inside of the room from a far.

I pointed out to Maya that I could see Athena. Athena looks focused on her work. So this is how Athena works, she also looked diligent on her desk area.

"Where's the guy?" Maya asked. Ok

I scanned the area with my eyes but I can't see him anywhere inside the office.

"Where's the dirty blonde dude guy?" I desperately said.

"Ohhh so he's blonde." She replied.

I kept searching the area but I suddenly heard a familiar voice.

"Do you need something?"

I turned to my back and I was surprised that it was Charles who spoke to me.

"Oh, you're Ms. Maria Kanbe. What brings you here?"

His presence is indeed incredible when you interact with this guy. I never had an actual talk with this guy, only greetings.

I still remained composed. "No. We just came from the advertising department."

Charles looked at Maya. I noticed that she became awestrucked with Charles.

"M-my name's Maya. Maya Imonoyam-ma. We're here to see C-Charles..."

My gosh Maya! You idiot! You blew up our cover! Why did you mention him?!

Maya suddenly covered her mouth that she realized she shouldn't have said that.

"I'm Charles. Are you looking for me?" He asked.

"Uhmm... Yes, yes we are." Gosh, I have no choice! I can't say that I am finding a Charles with a different surname because that person might not exist here!

"No one contacted me that you wanted to see me. Anyways, why do you want to see me, Ms. Kanbe?"

I can't think of any excuse! What should I say?! Oh well, here comes nothing!

"I wanted to have lunch with you."

Charles was puzzled with my sudden invitation.

"I'm sorry. I didn't do anything that's worthy for inviting me for lunch." He said.

"Well, uhm..." Gosh! I don't know what to say next! I don't want to eat with him either!

"I wanted to give me gratitude for treating me well last time." I added.

What a lame excuse! If only we didn't encounter him here! We only wanted to observe him with Athena!

"It seems you're inviting me for personal reasons. I'm sorry but I'll respectfully decline your offer. It might cause misunderstandings if it's not work related."

He flatly rejected my offer. He's so strict with his work. This dude might be a workaholic.

Thank goodness he rejected me. It will be awkward if he agreed to eat lunch with us.

"Maria? Maya?"

I heard Athena's voice from a distance. I saw her pushing the door to go out of the office and she went towards us.

"What are you guys doing here?" She asked. "How surprising Maya is also here."

Maya suddenly said something great that made our agenda for today attainable.

"Athena, we were about to invite you for lunch. We invited Charles too but he declined."

Athena looked at me then Maya and asked what's the occassion. I told her that I just wanted to express my gratitude to him for treating me well during the my time with their ad campaign.