Chapter 96

Thankfully, my work wasn't affected by my breakup with Athena. However, whenever I get home, I would get breakdowns as I walk by the dining area of my home where my relationship with Athena had ended.

Not entirely ended but the relationship of being together romantically has ended.

My breakdown comprises of having flashbacks of my breakup with her, occasions of having no appetite, and my chest still feels heavy whenever I think of her.

Whenever I think of her, my thoughts would still think about what would happen if I said to her that I don't want to breakup with her.

In truth, I still regret that I should've said that I don't want to let her go.

However, I must respect her decision. That's the best thing.

Today is the day where my agency will announce publicly that I have broken up with Athena.

I called Athena about this last week and she told me that it's fine to announce it publicly.

I was worried because she might hear and see some painful or bad criticisms from other people about our breakup so I notified her about this.

She told me that it is inevitable and it is better to let the public know that we have broken up early in order not to create more issues as it might affect my work.

She's right. If the public knows that we're still together despite having broken up for the longest time, it will create some nasty rumors and issues.

It's been two weeks since our breakup.

Maya and Maria was so shocked to know about my breakup. They even wanted to talk to Athena upon hearing the news but I stopped them.

Maria was quite mad at Athena upon hearing that she chose Charles. She even said that she would have understand if it's another man but knowing Athena had been hurt by Charles for several times made her real mad.

I just eventually told Maria that I believe Charles will treat her better than me because I can see very well that the reason why he was very cruel to her because he wanted her to notice and remember him, though what he did was wrong.

Maria seemed convinced but I can see on her face that she still doesn't believe that Athena and I have broken up.

Charles is crazy for Athena. I remember the time he declared that he loves her publicly at the department store to me and his attitude during the time at Reese's wedding really made me realize that his love for her is really great.

I browsed the internet and searched for the people's reaction about my relationship status since the agency has publicly announced the news.

As I read some comments, as expected, some were offensive such as Athena have wasted a kind guy like me, I found a much better girl, and the like.

There were also negative comments about me. Some of the comments say that I cheated on her and some say it is difficult to be with a difference in social status — public figure versus ordinary.

Oh well, it's expected. There's nothing I could do about that. Thankfully, it is not really that bad, though people were surprised that our relationship was short-lived.

Naoya and I are at Dolly's for another meeting about my another project with them.

People are staring at me as I walk towards their lobby up until I reached the meeting room.

Now I feel conscious.

They're probably read the news already. Since they are Athena's previous co-workers, some knew that Athena and I were dating.