Chapter 93

Athena ran outside and it is just me and Zilly with an argument here at the pantry.

"So? What's your answer?" Zilly angrily said.

I bluntly said yes.

She placed her hand on her forehead and propped her other hand on her waist.

"You're really obsessed with her. She already belongs to someone else now. Why do you still like her?", she said.

"Same goes for you. Why do you still like me? You know I'm just taking advantage of you so that I could move on from her. You're even the one who suggested to do that."

She became speechless but her voice began to crack when she said, "I'm making up false stories to not feel less than Athena."

I sighed and said, "I did thought of being serious with you along the way but as you can see through the course of our relationship, I don't want to do intimate stuff with you because the image of her still pops up into my mind from time to time."

"But I don't mind!" she desperately said.

I shook my head and told her that it is still not right.

"You'll never get her. She said they are stable. They might even settle soon," she said.

"... I'm not that stupid to force myself to go after her. Time will probably decide on when will I will be able to forget these feelings."

Zilly laughed and told me that I am not in a drama.

"She is one of a kind, that's why."

I left the pantry and went back to my working space.

As I returned to my place, I just remembered what was my reason of going to the pantry.

Back when I was about to enter the pantry, I was about to buy a drink but I saw and heard Athena talking to Zilly about me having sex with Zilly.

I reflexively showed up and denied her claims.

That Zilly, she's making nonsense claims! I hope Athena's misunderstanding has cleared up.

"Knock knock."

I looked in front of me and it is Heathrow-Lewis coming in with a bag of organic butter coconut chips.

"For you, here you go," she said.

I thanked her and grabbed the bag of chips. She said that she has a lot of these at her home and said she feels it is bad to eat too much of these so she is giving out these chips.

I looked at her belly and it is already huge. I asked her due date and I wondered why she isn't taking some maternity leave so I also asked that question to her.

"Next month. He is a summer baby. That's probably the reason why I am craving for anything coconut. I still like going to work so I have not taken my leave yet." she happily said.

Oh, the baby is a boy.

"A very diligent worker, I see."

She was about to return to her place but I impulsively stopped her.

"Athe- uhm... has Barling said anything to you?" I curiously asked.

She smirked at me and asked me what am I talking about.

"Don't misunderstand! During the party, she left early at the party and Conrad told me she felt unwell," I said.

Heathrow-Lewis's face suddenly turned tense.

She went closer to me and told me that Conrad and Athena are off at the moment, more like they are putting a distance temporarily.

What? I thought they have resolved their issue? Did something happen at the party last three days ago?