Chapter 87

I suddenly woke up after hearing someone knocking the door and calling my name.

I looked at the window and it's morning. Oh shoot, I slept on the sofa for the whole night.

Naoya's voice became panicky and his knock is getting louder.

I stood up and went to the door to open it.

"You! I got worried that you're not responding with my knock. I even called your shattered phone but you were not even answering it!" he said.

Oooops, I turned it off since I won't be using it again.

I let him come inside and he sat on the sofa.

He noticed that I looked like I had a nightmare and asked if I really had a nightmare.

"You did not even change your clothes since yesterday!", he added.

Suddenly, he made a joke about me being exhausted from a night with Athena.

"You're crazy. Nothing extreme happened. You know how exhausting the event was."

He chuckled and said "so it was milder. Nawww, how sweet."

Flashbacks from last night with Athena entered into my mind. My face suddenly heated up.

"I'm glad you're able to see her after not meeting with her for a while. Oh yes, you'd better prepare yourself for next week's job at Dolly's. You've got major events with them," he said.

So it's next week. I thought it will be after two weeks or so. Well, I better follow what the schedule says.

Someone knocked the door and uttered "It's me, Eliana."

I opened the door and she told me that we better go down to eat breakfast.

She came in and looked surprised that I was still wearing the same clothes from yesterday.

"This guy slept on the sofa. What a waste of this hotel's comfy bed," Naoya said.

I awkwardly touched the back of my neck and told her that I suddenly fell asleep on the sofa.

She gave me a look of concern and told me that I shouldn't push things too hard.

"You and your girlfriend had a good night, huh? That's what made you too tired." she said this with a smug.

I sighed in disappointment and told them it's not it. I reprimanded them both to mind their own business.

"Enough chitchat. You better get ready and eat breakfast. We have a busy schedule ahead of us for this day," Naoya said.

.
.
.
.
.
.

Voice acting is very hard. You better be good at articulating words with emotions depending what personas do your character have.

I'm getting the hang of internalizing my roles carefully. I do not stress myself easily anymore as compared before when bringing out the best voice for the character, thanks to Athena.

Today, we're at a recording booth to record a promotional video for a game.

The director of the project that we're both casted in reprimanded her several times today.

I noticed Eliana tries too hard in perfecting her character that somehow sounds unnatural.

She acts cool and cheerful despite being reprimanded for several times and she eventually gets what the director wanted in the end.

"That's a wrap!"

Everyone clapped to the voice actors present in the recording studio for finishing the recording of this important promotional video for the game.