Chapter 91

Days have passed since the news of Eliana was cancelled for her first major casting.

I apologized to the upper management of GT that it is my fault for losing a project. Of course it would be a loss to GT since Eliana is a talent for them.

Thankfully, GT wasn't mad at me. They even said that it's not a big deal since there are other projects that still wanted Eliana to be part of but it's only a small scale project.

They even praised me for showing loyal boyfriend back in the viral video which gained me more projects because of that.

That's crazy...

I asked Naoya how Eliana is doing because I haven't met her ever since the day I confronted her. I don't want to call her because she probably want some space since she did not answer my call back when the viral video went online.

Naoya told me that she looks fine. She attended some meetings with her new manager at GT and she is in her usual self despite the mean and negative comments throwing at her.

That's a relief then. However, I still feel guilty about it. I can't help but think that it is my fault for ruining her first major role.

Is she really alright? Knowing her, she might be still brooding over the ruined role.

I am at GT right now and had to meet with some staff with Dolly's to talk about a major event for Dolly's that I need to attend.

It's their founding anniversary and they wanted me to host it. Well, I'm alright with that but I think I need to practice that because I haven't hosted an event before.

Reese approached me as I was about to sit at the meeting table.

"What is Athena's reaction with your viral video?" she said this with a smug on her face.

Oh shoot, I am so preoccupied with Eliana that I haven't called her yet!

I should call her later.

"Actually, we're both busy nowadays so I haven't actually had much convo," I lied.

Reese was convinced and agreed that Athena is currently with her own work.

She complimented me for sticking to one girl.

I smiled and told her that I am indeed a loyal man.

The staff involved with the meeting started coming in. I sat to my assigned seat and the meeting has started.

After an hour of discussion, the meeting has ended and I am lead to the an another meeting room to read the flow of the program for the founding anniversary event.

As the flow of the program is being explained, I felt my phone is vibrating inside my pocket.

The vibration is long so this is probably a call.

I brought out my phone discretely and took a peak at my phone under the table.

Eliana is calling me.

I'm conflicted to wether I should answer her call or not.

She's not breaking down because of the viral video, is she? Or she just want to ask something regarding work?

In my mind, the most dominant thought is Eliana might be still affected by the hate comments.

I'm a little worried so I eventually excused myself to answer her call.

"H-hello...?"

Eliana's voice is not lively like she used to be.

I asked her what's wrong and she depressingly said that she still can't get over to the fact that her first major role just disappeared in a snap.

Now I am feeling guilty to the max.