Chapter 64

The Stein family will go back to America the same day as us but with a different flight.

That means, they'll be having a one week vacation here in Japan.

We are now done eating dinner and I went to the comfort room to pee.

As I am in the comfort room doing my business, I heard Ellen's and Jennifer's voices.

"Hey, you sure she didn't enter to this comfort room?" Jennifer said.

"I'm sure. She went to the other comfort room at the other side." Ellen said.

I suddenly got nervous upon hearing them.

I did enter to the other comfort room that she was talking about but all cubicles were occupied so I went to this comfort room because there's no people here, fortunately.

"I prefer Charles's exes than her. She's timid and conservative. In terms in looks, they really don't suit with each other. She's too...plain. There's nothing special about her. No offense." Ellen said this while washing her hands.

"You hit the right spot! I'm not that inclined of her being Charles's girlfriend. There are many girls out there better than her and why did he chose her over those exes with good family backgrounds." Jennifer said.

What the... they're talking behind my back?

They even said that why did Charles even gave me a necklace so expensive.

"Do you think they'll last?"

Ellen laughed and said that Charles and I wouldn't last long since there several ladies from influential families would like to be paired with Charles.

"It's a waste that Charles liked someone like her. I kind of don't like her being part of the family if she would truly be married to him. She seems ignorant with the ways of the world." Jennifer said.

They praised Charles for choosing a career different from his brothers. However, they are insisting that he should choose someone who would be good to the image of his family. They wanted a dignified woman to be part of the Stein family.

I'm totally devastated about what they are saying to me right now.

"I didn't like the halo-halo she served earlier."

Ellen told that to Jennifer. Jennifer also agreed that my halo-halo was not good. They were saying that it doesn't suit their taste and it's kind of too sweet for them.

So it was too sweet. They could've mentioned it was too sweet for them. I would not take that on offense if they'd just be honest with me.

"I don't understand why our husbands seemed alright with her being Charles's girlfriend." Jennifer said.

The both of them presumedly finished their re-touch of their makeup as I heard the both of them closing their kits, maybe. Then, they are finally out of the comfort room.

I don't what to say. I'm mad at them for saying that behind my back knowing they are professionals with a good family background but at the same time I'm kind of convinced thay they are actually saying some truth.

Charles is indeed from an another level. He's no ordinary guy compared what I've believed before.

Am I no good for him? The wives really made them say hurtful statements.

Now I'm having second thoughts of pursuing a relationship with Charles.

I went out of the cubicle and went to wash my hands.

After washing my hands, I looked at my reflection. The hurtful statements from those wives echoed into my mind.

Indeed, I'm too different from his exes and from his sisters-in-law. I'm not as beautiful, sexy, and born with a silver spoon as them.