Chapter 6

I saw the Sport Time drink that my dad placed on the island counter.

"This drink is pretty good. This is a new product from your company, isn't it?"

I'm quite flattered that my dad patronizes our company's products. I didn't even tell him that we have a new product. He's a very supportive dad.

My dad works at a logistics company. He's just an ordinary office worker just like me but has a higher position.

"Dad, tinola would be our dinner today. Is it okay with you?"

My father's eyes brightened when he heard heard my mother said tinola.

"That's great! Perfect timing for the weather today."

"Have you bought what I asked for?", My mother asked.

My father placed the the items he bought on the island counter.

"Here you go. I'm pretty excited for tomorrow's fruit salad!".

"Me too!" I said this with delight.

"I'm going upstairs now. I'll bring some pineapples with me." Suddenly, My dad wondered why I'm already going upstairs.

While my mother is cooking, my mother said "Athena already ate with her client. It will be only the two of us will eat dinner."

"Oh really? Then you can go upstairs and rest."

I smiled at him and I said "I will".

I brought some sliced pineapples with me and went upstairs to my room.

I changed my clothes to house clothes. I went to my desk area and ate the pineapples. I picked up my fork and pierced the sliced triangular-shaped pineapple.

"This pineapple is sweet! It's so good!"

Mikan climbed up to my desk and went to smell the pineapple from the plate.

"No, Mikan. This is mine! I know you already ate some since mom always dotes you with food." I gently pushed him away then I startled when he jumped to my lap.

I am caressing his head towards to his tail repeatedly. While caressing him, I suddenly remembered the excuse I made to clock out early.

"I'm sorry that I used you to make an excuse to clock out early!"

He adorably meowed at me.

This cat is so cute! I know he understands what I'm saying!

I noticed my cellphone lit up and rang indicating there's a text beside me. I opened my cellphone and I saw Maria's text.

"We will be under your care for our new project with Conrad! Thanks for helping me earlier and thanks for being my new friend! Hope we'll hang out soon!"

I feel fuzzy all of the sudden. Maria is such a sweetheart. She's more Western than me. She's very outgoing and very nice. I don't have the courage to befriend someone so suddenly just like her.

I replied to her saying no problem and agreed that we should hang out soon.

I finished eating the sliced pineapples and I went to the kitchen downstairs to place the plate on the sink. On the living room, I saw my parents eating dinner at the dining table.

My father and mother is having their dinner while having conversations. They look happy with each other. Feels nice to see them each other like that.

I went upstairs, removed my makeup, brushed my teeth, grabbed my cellphone and laid on my bed.