Chapter 19

A deal?

"What kind of deal?" I asked.

"I saved your name and I resolved all the trouble you've caused. Instead of repaying me money, you'll just have to do something simple for me." She confidently said this.

"So what do you want me to do?"

She smiled at me slyly and moved her face closely.

"You just have to stop Sir Charles to pick and drop you off everyday."

Huh?

I just stared at her looking confused.

"Did you not get it? You're too slow. I hate seeing you two together. You know I like Sir Charles right?"

I now know what she meant. I knew she liked Charles when she declared it during our celebratory lunch with Henry for his first day in our company.

"It was not my choice that Charles wanted to pick and drop me off to work and home. He is the one who insisted it." I said.

"I already tried talking to him that he shouldn't do that to you as it can make misunderstandings to our surroundings. Despite that, he still wanted to do it." She looked helpless saying this.

She suddenly raised a brow. "Wait a second, did you just get cozy with him? You just called him Charles and not Sir Charles."

"No! I just made a mistake! I just forgot to address him."

Oops. My tongue slipped because I really hate Charles.

I heavily denied that we don't have that kind of relationship and I cleared out that it's impossible for him to like me because all of his actions towards me are so strict, mean and rough. I also said that I don't see him as a potential lover.

Her face mellowed down but suddenly she returned her angry face.

"Is that all you want me to do?"

She shook her head and said "That's not all."

"It's still about Sir Charles. You will help me get closer to him at all costs." She added.

I'm was dumbfounded and skeptical about this. She is so bold to ask me this but I doubt if I can do what she wanted me to do as she wanted me to bring her closer to Charles.

"I don't know... I can ask him to stop being responsible for picking and dropping me off but for getting you closer to him... I don't think I have the courage to do that..."

She began to look suspicious at me. "Do you like him by any chance?"

I heavily denied it immediately.

"Why me? You should know how the way he treats me. He's so strict with me and obviously I'm not close with him." I said. She then rolled her eyes.

"JUST. DO. IT. You have a next project with Sir Charles and Reese so you have a chance to persuade him." She's still forcing me to do it.

"Remember, I saved your ass. Without me, you're doomed. Also, I won't be getting your money to repay me. Fulfilling my request will be your payment. Be grateful that I went to hell just to save your ass." She added.

I'm feeling conflicted. I don't have any confidence to fulfill her request! Charles is so scary so I don't know how will I insert that request when I'm with him. I don't even talk to him outside work unless he talks to me first.

However, I should be grateful to her for saving me from the trouble I caused. Despite being mean to me for the past years, maybe I should help her this time out of gratitude.