Chapter 82

"I'm already outside your building waiting for you."

"Oh, is that so? I'm already going down through the elevator. I'll be there soon."

"Okay. See you."

I ended the call and placed my cellphone in my bag.

"Someone will fetch you?" Charles asked.

"Yeah, someone will fetch me."

It became dead silent inside the elevator. Now it's all awkward.

I should probably be the one to carry the box when we get off the elevator. Charles and Conrad seeing each other isn't a good idea.

We have arrived at the ground floor. As we both stepped out the elevator, I grabbed my box away from him and I told him my thanks.

"So this is it. It's really one a hell of a ride with you all here in Dolly's." I said.

He surprisingly gave me a soft smile.

"It sure is." He said.

I turned my back and hurriedly went towards the exit where I can see Conrad's back standing in front of his car.

"I'm here." I said.

He turned around and he immediately grabbed the box I'm carrying.

"This is some heavy stuff for you to carry," he said.

I reassured him that I didn't have a hard time carrying it.

He placed the box at the back seat and we now both went inside the car and drove off.

After some time, we have arrived at a luxurious restaurant located at a top floor of a building.

Before going inside the restaurant, I pulled his jacket from behind and we stopped walking.

"Is it really okay going inside this restaurant? I'm just wearing ordinary office clothes..."

I'm worried because the restaurant that we're going to eat for dinner is a high class restaurant. I thought it's just an ordinary restaurant.

"You look absolutely fine and wonderful. You don't have to worry a thing. You're attire is appropriate here." He said.

He's wearing a grayish black suit with a tie. It's simple but classy. Well, I think I'm wearing appropriately for the occasion. I like the fact that he isn't all for appearances.

The waiter guided us to our seats. We were placed beside the huge glass window which you can see the pretty and shining skyline lights.

We placed our orders and after some moments, our ordered food has arrived.

While eating, Conrad asked me if all things are settled now.

"Yes, it's all settled now. I'm going to work for a new company on Monday so I hope my new colleagues will not be the same as my previous."

He smiled at me and told me that he'll be cheering me on to my new company.

Conrad suddenly stopped slicing his steak then he looked at me very nervously.

"Now things are settled... do you think it's alright to make things official with me? I mean... ugh... be my real girlfriend?"

I chuckled and said to him that today's already the start of us going out.

He suddenly looked happy and relieved.

"This is my best day ever!" He said.

I got embarrassed and said "You're exaggerating!".