Chapter 39

Conrad is currently in the kitchen cooking for our breakfast. Maya and I approached him then Maya directly asked him the question we were curiously wanting to ask him since last night.

"Do you like Athena?"

He suddenly paused in chopping the leeks on the chopping board.

He looked at Maya very puzzled. "Where did that come from?"

"We were talking about you last night. We had some girl talk before we went to bed." I cheekily said this to him.

"I told Maria what I saw between you and Athena when I gave you a surprise from my arrival."

Conrad became panicky and got mad that Maya for blabbing everything to me.

I began to tease him for his reaction. "Why you're acting like that? You never acted like that when you liked me."

"What? I never liked you in the first place! You're like a friend to me." He defensively said this.

"Hmm... How do I say this? You were straightforward when you express your interest in a girl, just like when you asked me to go out with you but you were... placid about it." I said.

"So what about it?" He raised an eyebrow.

"You always talk about her. I haven't told you this but I think you have a crush on her, right Maria?" Maya looked at me and I agreed to her.

"Ah-! You're forcing yourself not to smile!" Maya pointed out Conrad's face.

He suddenly covered his mouth with his hand and began to blush.

I also pointed Conrad and said "We're right! You do like her!"

He removed his hand from his mouth then he closed his eyes and began to sigh deeply. He opened his eyes looking serious.

"I don't know... I become happy whenever I think of her, however, I maybe like that because she helped me in a lot of ways. The feeling of gratitude outweighs the feelings of romance."

"So I was right. One of my intuition says that you're just grateful to her but I still think you have a crush on her." Maya said.

I placed my hand on his shoulder. "You have a crush her. Being grateful to someone can develop into something more and you're into that stage already."

"You became more livelier ever since we became friends with her. I noticed that when I returned here for the second time. That's why I asked Maya if something happened to you." I added.

"It's fine with me if you'll make her your girlfriend. She's a nice person!" Maya said.

"I'm fine with it too. Athena's a great friend and I think both of you are compatible in terms of personality." I said.

There was silence for a few seconds and suddenly Maya and I were pushed out from the Kitchen.

"Enough chitchat. I'm not yet finished cooking for our breakfast. Both of you set the table!" He returned to the kitchen and resumed his chopping.

Maya and I can see his ears are still red from behind. We both whispered that he definitely likes Athena but still denies it.

How cute. You'll not profusely blush to someone that you're grateful to.

I messaged Athena saying that we wanted to eat dinner with her, of course it's my treat. Aside from wanting to spend time with her because my departure in returning to Japan is coming closer, I want to have a girly talk with her. I'm dying to know what she feels about Conrad.

Conrad is invited. I want to help him know if Athena likes him. Of course I didn't tell Conrad about helping him to know if Athena likes him.
.
.
.
.
.