Chapter 63

How unusual. He rarely acts nervous around me.

I'm kind of expecting he has something important to say to me.

My mind suddenly thought of the dream I had about him proposing to me.

Oh gosh. Stop it Athena! That won't happen! I'm panicking right now!

He stood up and told me to wait as he is going to get something from his bag.

What the hell??!!

Is he really going to propose?! I'm shamefully expecting he might propose to me!

He rushed towards the shelf beside the dining table and grabbed a velvety and a rectangular navy blue box placed on the shelves.

Rectangular box?

Phew, I relaxed for a bit. Maybe it's a pen inside of the box.

"You didn't notice this beside you when we were eating?" He said.

He gave me the box and I saw my name is engraved with it.

"I didn't notice! I didn't see this while we were eating!" I said.

He face-palmed his forehead and he said he should've placed to where I could easily see it.

"Is this also part of your surprise? What's inside of it?" I asked.

He nodded and asked me to open the box. That's why he is smiling throughout our dinner earlier. He's expecting that I would notice his gift.

I feel happy that he gave me a surprise gift but I suddenly remembered the gift that I wasn't able to give to Lucas. The shape of this rectangular is similar to that gift for Lucas.

Ugh... I still somewhat can't forget the feelings I felt when I threw the gift for Lucas. I liked him for nothing...

I opened the box and I was extremely surprised on the content of the box. I eventually forgot the painful feeling I just felt just now.

It's a silver-colored necklace with a small four-leaf shaped diamond pendant hanging on the chain of the necklace. It's so pretty!

My jaw just dropped because I saw the brand of this necklace is from a famous jewelry maker known worldwide. This is seriously an expensive brand!

I didn't expect that he will give me something so expensive! I never had something this expensive in my whole life!

My heart is currently beating so fast upon seeing this necklace!

"Do you like it? I'm worried that you might not like this kind of gift..."

I'm still at awe with this gift.

"I-I don't deserve this kind of gift... I didn't do something to receive this."

He chuckled and said that I totally deserve it.

"What are you talking about? You're my precious girlfriend. You've been giving me happiness and the thought of you being by my side is an important life event of mine."

He just made me more flustered...

"I will put that on you." He said.

He grabs the necklace from the box and he placed it around my neck. He's securing the necklace on the back of my neck by standing in front of me.

While he is securing the necklace, I'm super elated right now and at the same time I'm so nervous as his body so close to me! I can even smell his expensive-smelling cologne!

"All done! Can I have a picture with you?" He excitedly said.

I nervously agreed and we took a selfie with me wearing the necklace.