Chapter 46

I'm at the department store with my brother Dylan and sister Yvette to shop for a gift for our sister-in-law's baby shower.

The baby is a girl so we better buy stuffs for baby girls.

"You should choose for us, Yvette. You're a girl so you know best what to give to a baby girl." I said.

"Dylan has a daughter. I just gave Ellen a monetary gift because I didn't have time to buy a gift back then." Yvette said.

Yvette looked at Dylan. "You should also know what your wife received from her baby shower."

"Ellen was supposed to be the one to buy for the gift but she's down with a cold. I just took her place instead. She said this department store sells good stuffs for baby showers. I remember receiving some cute baby clothes, baby needs, and toys."

"Let's buy some baby clothes. That's the standard, right?" I said.

"Let's ask some assistance with the sales associates at the baby section. I'm no good with girl needs." Dylan said.

We agreed and we all went to the baby section . We saw different items that we could choose from for the gift.

Baby clothes and shoes, toys, strollers, and other basic baby needs are all present in this section.

Dylan asked for the assistance on the sales associate and she recommended a basket of complete set of clothes, shoes, face towels and baby bottles.

"Seems nice. The clothes are cute too. I suddenly missed my daughter wearing this kind of clothes!" Dylan looked sentimental.

Yvette and I left Dylan to look around for some other baby stuffs. My attention got caught by the starry night projection on the ceiling from the rotating night light projector.

I went up to it and looked at the ceiling. It looks magical and I thought that a baby or a child could easily fall asleep with this.

The projection is not too bright. It also projects different stars and constellation.

"I've decided that I'll buy this one." I said.

"Aww. I wanted to buy this too!" She suddenly gave me a pout.

"I chose this first! Go and find another gift."

She snorted at me then went to the other displays.

I called the attention of another sales associate to assist me in purchasing the night light.

I met up with my Dylan at the cashier to pay for the gift. Dylan chose the basket with baby essentials that the sales associate has chosen for him.

We've already purchased the gift and had it wrapped appropriate for the occasion.

Dylan and I went to find Yvette to check up on her if she has already chosen a gift.

We found her at the the toys section. We approached her and wondered why is she looking at something from a far.

"Hey, isn't that the guy on the commercial endorsing your company's products?" She said.

She pointed the person she's referring to. To my surprise, the one that she's referring to is Conrad Imonoyama.

He's looking at the raccoon dolls and he's trying to look at it intently.

"Yes, that's him." I said.

Don't tell me he likes stuffed animals. He's too old to buy that for himself! How funny!

I was about to turn my back to go my own way but I stopped when Dylan mentioned Athena's name.

"That's the girl that you slept with during the storm at my house!" Yvette said this in a surprised manner.