Chapter 42

I wasn't able to refill my water bottle. I hurriedly went back to my workspace and panickly packed my things in my bag.

"Why you're in a hurry? Going somewhere after work?" Reese asked.

She looked at me and pointed out that my face is like a tomato and also mentioned I'm catching my breath.

"Did you ran? Is someone chasing you?"

I shook my head. "I-I'll clock out 10 minutes early so I'll be going home. I've got something to do at home."

"Oh really? Have safe trip at home." She smiled at me.

I grabbed my shoulder bag, pushed my chair to towards my desk and walked towards the exit of the office.

I hurriedly pushed the down button on the elevator and impatiently waited for the elevator to arrive.

While waiting, a hand suddenly reached out to the elevator button from my back and invalidated the down button by giving it a long press. The elevator won't arrive to where I'm at currently.

I looked behind my back and it's Charles who did that. He's giving me a sarcastic smile. Now I got all nervous.

"Where are you going? I think you're escaping from me."

"Ugh... Uhm..." My mind went blank!

"We agreed that you're coming with me at the bookstore. You're coming with me, alright? Don't go home yet."

I broke my eye contact from him and I awkwardly said that I have matters to attend at home.

"Then what is it that you need to do at home?"

"... Uhm..."

"See? You've got no excuses to think of. You promised you'll go with me. The books at the bookstore will cry if you don't come." He said.

He humorously mimicked a child crying by rubbing his eyes and said the books will act like that if I will not come.

I laughed and my tension suddenly went away.

"You look ugly. What a waste." I jokingly said.

"It doesn't matter. As long as you laughed. Now, wait for me at the lobby and don't you dare leave me! I'll get my things first."

"Okay okay. I got it." I gestured him to shoo away.

"Good." He smiled then started walking towards the office.

I hold out my cheek and its burning.

Oh no, this is bad.

I fanned my face using my hand and tried to compose myself.

I am at the lobby and sat on the sofa. I heard two ladies nearby, talking about Charles.

"It's hard to approach Charles these days, aside from his colleague Zilly would shut us down with her laser eyes whenever we wanted to approach him." Said the lady with the red blouse.

"You bet! The only time we were able to approach him is whenever Zilly is not with him but now, if it's not related for work, he would shut us down with his cold and unapologetic look," said with the lady with the green blouse.

I knew that. He doesn't entertain anyone and because he's highly addicted to being a professional at work.

Hmph! He's not professional when he's with me but I know where he's coming from.

The red blouse lady excitingly said that she wanted to be eaten by him with his cold and unapologetic look.

I was taken aback. They don't have any filter! Oh well, office hours are almost done anyway.