Chapter 54

I am about to go leave the building to go home but I saw Maya waiting outside.

I have a hunch that she's worried for her brother. She might know that I haven't answered any of Conrad's messages.

I've got not choice but to approach her and reassure her that there's nothing going on. It's just that I'm being moody.

I approached her outside and Maya confronted me about how her brother was worried for me.

"My brother is worrying about you. You haven't replied him for days. He can't come today because he is busy with his new project." She said.

I apologized to her about not answering his replies. I just told her that I happened to be not in a great mood these days.

"Did something happen last Saturday? You were alright during the day before that when we met. My brother and I suspected that something happened when you met with...Lucas." she said.

I let out a depressing sigh and I told her she's correct.

"Can you hear me out? I've been bottling up something here." I placed my hand on my chest. "I'll treat you some dinner." I added.

She agreed and said that she's willing to lend an ear.

Both of us went to a nearby family restaurant. As we are eating our ordered food, I told her everything what happened last Saturday.

She was surprised and told me that it was harsh that I got to experience that thing twice.

"To be honest, I'm kind of mad with your brother." I said.

"Why?"

"Conrad knew Lucas likes somebody else. Lucas didn't primarily kept his girl a secret from his friends. If only your brother told me he knew Lucas likes someone else, I would've been not so hurt with what happened last Saturday."

Maya didn't react immediately.

"My brother maybe didn't want to tell to you directly. You are more hurt probably because you've witnessed something you shouldn't have heard and seen. Not to mention, it happened to you twice." She said.

"You're right but if only your brother hinted something, even just a little bit..." I began to feel the tears coming out from my eyes.

I suddenly heard Maya apologizing to me in a panicky way.

"N-no. I'm sorry for making me see me in this state. I'm kind of sensitive when it comes to this kind of thing. You know how my past love life stories were terrible. That's why I'm like this."

I pulled a piece of tissue from my bag and wiped my tears away.

"Athena... uhm... I know this is sudden but what do you think of my brother?" She awkwardly asked.

I'm dumbfounded about her question. What do I think about Conrad?

"Conrad? A nice friend and I'm not in the mood to face him right now."

She shook her head and she reiterated her question.

"As a man. What do you think?"

"As a man? He's good looking... I think." When I looked at Maya, her eyes began to sparkle.

I raised an eyebrow and I suddenly realized what she meant.

"Are you saying what I think of him as a boyfriend?

Maya nodded excitedly. I'm getting a double meaning from her nod.

"Wait a minute. I'm sorry for saying this shamefully but does your brother... sees me more than a friend?" I said.