Chapter 14

I went out of the cubicle, washed and dried my hands and face. I looked on the mirror and I could see my eyes are still red from crying.

I just have to wait a little more before I can return to the office.

I can't stand with both of my feet on the ground because pressure makes it painful for my right ankle.

I looked at my right ankle and I can see it's a bit red and swollen. Good thing I'm wearing slacks today. If not, it would be obvious that I've got an injury.

I think my foot landed in a twisted position and that's why my foot hurts hell! It's more painful after I walked fast going to the comfort room.

A few minutes later, I can hear footsteps going inside the comfort room and I saw one of the two ladies positioned beside me while the other one positioned beside of the lady. They are retouching their makeup. I pretended to fix my hair so that it should not be obvious that I'm waiting for a few minutes here in the comfort room before I could return to the office.

As I am pretending to fix my hair, I over heard their conversation.

"The hot bachelor was running down the hallway. He looks cool running." Said the lady beside me.

"You bet! I should have bumped to him and mark him with my lipstick on his collar!" The other lady laughed while retouching her lips with lipstick.

Hot bachelor? That's Charles! He might be looking for me! Oh no, he'll reprimand me for leaving him at the storage room for saying nothing! Good thing he really did not catch up to me! I don't want to return yet to the office!

"He already went down the elevator. I rarely see him at our floor and I was super happy when we saw him. I want to be in the marketing department too!"

"Shut up hahaha! You've got a boyfriend!" Both of them were chuckling. They are now finished with their retouch and they went out of the comfort room.

I stopped pretending fixing my hair and I looked at my eyes on the mirror to see if my eyes are still red. My eyes are now fine and back to normal.

I sneakily peeked outside of the comfort room to see if Charles is still in this floor. I'm relieved that he's not here.

I thought of going to the nurse's office to get some treatment for my ankle before going back to the office.

I rode the elevator to go down one floor and I went directly to the nurse's office. While walking going towards the nurse's office, I made sure no one saw me from my department that I went here. Thankfully no one saw me. I try to walk normally so that no one would notice I'm in pain though I would stop for a moment to rest my foot.

I explained to the nurse what happened and the nurse gave me an ice pack for my ankle. I was asked to lay down and elevate my foot.

The nurse said I should make sure to see a doctor if pain persists longer. She also said that I could rest here for 15-20 minutes and she'll wrap a compression bandage before I go.

The nurse closed the cubicle curtain and she went back to her work area.

I felt relief laying here with my foot elevated along with an ice pack.

What should I say that I left him in the storage room? What excuse should I tell him? Everyone in the office might wonder where did I go since Charles probably returned to the office.

I don't care anymore. I will just say I got a bad stomach. If they laugh at me with that reason then so be it.

After twenty minutes, the nurse opened the cubicle curtain. I got up and removed the ice pack from my foot.