Chapter 89

A familiar scent.

I looked up and focused on the person's face. It became clear and finally recognized the person's face.

"Are you alright?! Why are you drinking alone? It's not safe that you're going home in this state."

It was a worried Charles who said that while supporting me in standing up properly.

I yanked my arm away from his clutch.

"I'm- I'm going home," I said.

"This is my first time seeing you in a bar and getting drunk like this. Tell me, what's wrong. You were not your usual self earlier," he said this in a serious tone.

I suddenly held on the back rest of the bar stool I sat earlier as my balance is getting more deviated than normal and I suddenly feel light-headed.

I didn't even answer him and walked away but I suddenly landed on his chest again when I tripped due to my impaired balance.

His arms are wrapped around me and I felt more warmer.

He suggested that he'll drive me home but I suddenly changed my mind and bursted out saying that I don't want to go home.

.
.
.
.
.

Huh? Am I floating?

I opened my eyes and realized that I'm being carried by Charles while I'm like a log in his arms.

I looked at our surroundings and I don't know where are we right now.

"Oh, you've woken up," he said.

I looked up and looked at him. I suddenly got embarrassed and told him to let me me down.

He told me to stop struggling to get off from him as he might drop me.

He laid me on a bed and then I sat upright.

I asked where we are right now and he told me we're at his house.

Huh? I don't think this is his house. I've never been here.

"Is this a new house?", I asked.

He paused for a while and said, "...I bought this place for investment purposes."

That's nice. He is thinking well for his future and he can easily buy a lot of investment properties.

He sat on the edge of the bed beside me and looked at me with a worried face.

"Tell me, what's wrong with you today?" He said.

I looked away from his eyes and just looked down.

I just can't tell him I just witnessed Conrad and Eliana having a thing. It's not confirmed but I don't want Charles to know I'm overly sensitive.

I should accept the fact that Conrad's job is inevitably related to having many admirers.

I will try to ask Conrad what is going on between them.

Flashbacks of my time during highschool about Richard White kissing another girl and what happened earlier at the icecream shop suddenly appeared on my mind.

I suddenly stood up and suddenly my balance began to stagger.

Oh no, I think I'm still drunk.

Charles immediately caught me by grasping my hand and hip.

"You're still drunk." he said.

I'm so guilty for using alcohol to forget unpleasant feelings. Am I that desperate to forget my unpleasant feelings from the past? I thought I have forgotten about it but it resurfaced again.