Chapter 60

I'm now lying on Charles's bed.

I faced away from him and I'm hugging my sheep plushie while snuggling with my blanket.

I also brought it because it is my routine that I am hugging something.

My body is covered by my blanket, except my face.

"Do you always sleep with a plushie at home?" He asked.

"Yeah. Even this age, I still love sleeping with my plushies."

"You're in your mid 20's and you still sleep with that?"

He didn't ask rudely. I replied to him that my plushies are one of my comfort.

Sleeping on the bed with your boyfriend is a new thing to me.

I can somehow trust him that he'll not do something I don't like.

"It's like a dream that you are sleeping with me right now. Why are you facing away from me? Come one, face me." He's begging me to face him.

It's embarrassing! If I fall asleep facing him, he might see me drooling with my mouth open!

Before lying on his bed, I warned him that I might snore but he said he didn't care about it. I was kind of wanting to change his mind if he still wanted to sleep with me.

I was flustered when he said that he doesn't care if I sleep unsightly.

"..."

"Well, okay then. Good night, Athena."

I heard Charles moving his position at the other side so we're facing away from each other.

After a few moments, I finally doze off and went to deep sleep.

.
.
.
.
.

"Shameless. You think I would fall for someone like you?"

Richard is standing in front of me looking disgusted at me.

He walked past by me with bumping me on my shoulder.

I looked back and I suddenly saw him kissing one of our schoolmate.

I suddenly felt hurt and humiliation when I saw him kissing her.

While he was kissing her, he looked at me then he suddenly walked towards me.

"You look pitiful, that's why I was a friend to you. It was funny how you were falling for me and it was disgusting seeing you so giddy on me!"

He was laughing manically.

I just stayed quiet and I just looked at the ground.

However, a few seconds after, I glared at him and told him that how rude of him to make fun of me.

"If you find me disgusting then why you approached me in the first place?!"

He grinned at me and arrogantly said that it was just right to make fun of me because all the other kids find me very fun to tease.

"You're an ugly and boring bitch, that's why. Our classmates actually planned to make you the target. I was the one who volunteered to be your knight and shining armour. Man, I was right in the bat that you actually fell for me."

That's right. This is the real reason why I was so hurt by this person.

I was toyed by my whole class.

Richard was very kind to me and would fend me from some bully classmates.

I was naive back then and I thought he likes me. I really fell hard for him.