Chapter 25

Dylan looked so tired as his hands are on his knees. I'm also so tired from playing so I slumped down the floor.

"You're a monster. How could you play so good even though you played hard solo earlier." He was catching his breath while saying this.

"I'm so beat." I brushed my sweaty hair from front to back using my hand.

"Congratulations, you beat me." He stood up properly and looked at me sitting on the floor.

He reached out his hand and helped me to get up. I stood up and released our hands.

"Don't bother me again to talk about her. I'm dead serious to forget about her." I threatened him.

He immediately nodded rapidly in motion while he wrinkled his nose as he still exhibits exhaustion.

"I have a secret with Athena. Wanna know?" He teasingly said this while wiping his face with his towel.

I suddenly got curious and asked what's the secret.

He hung his towel on his shoulder and said "Oops, sorry. Patient confidentiality."

"You're joking, right? She wouldn't open up easily to someone as she's timid." I mockingly said.

He chuckled. "I'm joking. It's not really patient confidentiality since a family member of mine, which is you, were the topic of concern."

"You both talked about me?"

"I shouldn't have said this to you. We already agreed that I would not bring her up anymore. My bad." He smirked at me.

I really got curious and I allowed him to bring her into the topic for the last time.

"I shouldn't be saying this since I told her that I will not tell about what she said about you." He said.

I snorted at him. "You shouldn't have told me you have a secret with her if you don't want to share it in the first place." I picked up my racket on the floor and I started walking towards the exit door of the court.

As I was about to open the door, he called out my name.

I looked behind and faced him. "Now what?"

"You're my brother so I'll especially share it to you. Just don't make things harder for her when you hear this secret."

I agreed and told him impatiently to spill the beans already.

"She made you believe that her father will drive her to and from work instead of you to make you stop being her uber. In reality, she just commutes and will wait for you to go home first so that you wouldn't catch her commuting by herself." He said.

I reacted nonchalantly because it was not surprising as my hunch was right when I saw her eating alone at the restaurant. That was the day when she suddenly told me that her father will be the one to pick her up instead.

"You look fine. I thought you would get mad. I know you hate people who are liars." He said

I sighed and said "It's understandable. I'm the one who forced her to let me be her uber. She doesn't find me pleasant anyway."

"She even thought of you as bothersome guy and a burden. It's clear that she really hates you now." He bluntly said.

I suddenly felt a sting on my chest but I brushed it off. I just nodded and showed him an impressed expression.

"That's good." I said.

"But are you okay with that? Being hated by the person you're struggling to forget?"