Chapter 45

Conrad has arrived home from driving Athena at her home.

I pulled his arm and guided him at the sofa at the living room. I made him sit and I sat beside him. Maya is also with us seated on the sofa in front of us.

"Harsh truth. She only see you as a friend." Maya bluntly said this.

He sighed but he didn't look depressed.

"I get that but I don't want to rush things. I'll step up things little by little."

"I even told her that it would be nice if she stays with you forever." I said.

Conrad looked excited and asked me what was her reply. I said that she would be gladly to stay beside him forever.

I laughed as I saw him blushing with his eyes so widened.

"She really said that?"

"Yes but as a friend. She understood it by being with you forever as a friend."

His excited smile turned neutral.

"Oh yeah, we just confirmed that you were right about Athena doesn't like Charles but I think you should not be too complacent about it." Maya said

"Apparently, Athena and Charles knew each other since high school."

Conrad became curious and asked me about the details of it. I told what Athena said earlier then Conrad wondered why she didn't mention that to him.

He's still confident that Athena will never fall for Charles even if they knew each other from the past.

"Do you know anything about Lucas having a girlfriend?" I asked Conrad if Lucas has one.

"From what I know, he is single. I'm not hearing anything from him if he has a girl in mind." He said.

He also added that he doesn't feel and see anything from Lucas that might suggest Lucas has a thing for Athena, he's just being a friendly guy to her.

"You might have an upper hand if that's the case. Hurry up and get her attention already! If you are too slow, Athena will continue to fall hard on Lucas!"

He got irritated with us all of the sudden. He asked why we were pushy about him making moves even though he clearly stated that he doesn't want to rush things.

"Well, you have two oponents: One is Charles and the other one is Lucas. That's the reason why we were so adamant on you in pursuing her."

"That's why I told you not to be too complacent, especially to Charles. You're right about him being tenacious and that is hard. Maria and I saw Athena all acting shy and embarrassed earlier around Charles when she had her finger cut from a broken glass." Maya added.

He looked surprised and asked the details about and then we told him about it.

He's showing a face as if he has mixed feelings of denial and shock. According to him, when he met her the other day, she showed no cutesy to Charles.

"As I said, I'll believe what I believe in and take things slowly. Enough prying on my personal life." He angrily said this to us.

Maya sighed and said that he should be grateful for helping him gain some deets.

He rolled his eyes and sarcastically thanked us for helping him.

"Hey Maria, you should pack your stuffs now. The weekend is coming and you're still not ready." He said.

I panicked and just realized that my departure is coming close. I haven't packed my stuff yet, not even 1%.

I asked him to help me now. He is reluctant but he still helped me anyways.