Chapter 70

Here we are, we're at the book fair with my nephew and niece.

I'm quite nervous and I hope I won't bump into her today.

It's too crowded out here so there is a little chance that I might bump into her.

Dominic is pulling my hand and was pointing to the children's section area where it mostly displays books about dinosaurs.

On the other hand, Ailee is pulling my other hand and was pointing to the area where there is a storytelling going on where mostly girls at her age are the listeners.

"Wait! I can't split my body!" I said.

"Then Dominic and I will play rock-paper-scissors. The winner gets to go first with uncle." Ailee proposed this.

"Great idea!"

Both of them played the game and Ailee eventually won.

"Not fair! I want to go and see the dinosaurs with uncle! No fair!" He said this angrily.

I told Dominic that he lost so he better accept his loss.

He cried loudly and people were staring at me.

I desperately keep on saying he should stop crying.

"Awww... you're cute son is crying." A mother with a child said this to me.

"Ah, no. He's isn-"

Ailee suddenly tugged my shirt.

"I'll let Dominic go first." She said.

I patted Ailee's head for being considerate.

Dominic stopped crying when I told him that we'll go where he wants.

We are now going to where Dominic had wanted to go.

Dominic ran as fast as he could to where the dinosaurs were at and I told him off that he better go straight there and don't wander off.

"Your brother is such a pain on the butt." I said.

Ailee laughed and agreed with me.

When Ailee and I were walking towards Dominic, I saw a familiar back profile of a girl from a far.

She's on the graphic novels section.

That must be Athena!

When we went to the children's section, where Dominic was gawking over the dinosaur books displays, I told Ailee to keep an eye on her brother and promised her that I'll be right back.

I was about to come closer to her but I stopped and hid behind a shelf near her because I reminded myself not to pry on her too much.

Look at her, she's having pure bliss on choosing over the manga titles she wanted to buy.

She looks the same when I saw her last time at the bookstore when she still doesn't remember me.

Okay, this is enough. I better go back and be with Dominic and Ailee. I'm happy I got to see her even though we will be seeing each other again at work.

I went back to the kids and I let them do whatever they want with my supervision.

After Dominic was done with his thing, it is Ailee's turn to do what she wants.

The kids now complained they were hungry after choosing buying what they wanted to buy.

I will ask Dylan for reimbursement for the cost of their books and toys they just asked me to buy for them.

These spoiled kids... Well, I can't say no to my cute little nephew and nieces.

"I want spaghetti." Ailee said.